Trout are hungry

Find them in 8-10 feet with moving water. Suspending bait is getting them for me in my little creek.

Keeper size, but they all go back.

5 Likes

What reel is that?

I got a new Battle this year and like it a lot, mostly surf fishing with it, but it would be a good boat reel as well.

I’ve got a few of these. Work great for trout with a softer rod tip. It can handle slot reds, but if Im in spots that I know there’s a possibility of overslots, I got with a little heavier tackle.

Best thing about spinfishers is that they are all sealed and protected as must ad you’re going to get from a reel under 500. I run the 3500 v’s, put em through hell! Slap a tiny bit of grease in em every other year or so with a dab of oil here and there… worse thing is on cold days that aluminum is like an ice cycle in your hand. Wouldn’t trade mine for nothing and really what im trying to say is they are tanks.

1 Like

Those are some nice trout!
Been running RUNCL Grim II reels for 4 years. Never had to replace one. Never oil them. Never grease them. Just fish, rinse, repeat. Cheap enough to replace without a sweat, sturdy enough to land the bull reds. I run a size 4000. Their carbon fiber rods are great too. Never had to replace one of them either.

Connor is going to be jealous.

1 Like

this post makes me madder n a midget with a yoyo.

look moneybags, we can’t all afford the private waterfront property on a non pressured deep creek

I apologize; Ricky is my secret hero and I love him dearly.

4 Likes

He does have it pretty sweet though. The rest of us can only dream.

Oh, and Pea. I have reported you to the Lollipop Guild.

My 2500LL has been flawless with reds nearing 30”. I bet it would handle a bit bigger without issues too. Great reels.

I fish the 3500 vi’s too. Only maintenance is clean and oil the line roller. Gets noisy.

1 Like

Bass Pro & Cabelas has the VI’s on sale until the baby Jesus’s birthday for $119.00 and free shipping.

Merry Christmas to me…

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/penn-spinfisher-vi-spinning-reel?ds_e=GOOGLE&ds_c=Cabelas|Shopping|PMax|Fishing|General|NAud|NVol|NMT&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAm4WsBhCiARIsAEJIEzU0AUxzBGghZw-X7VcdW9zfwT7wjEiOs7Nx2M9u2NUF1TM_fNSlYbwaAlXDEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

1 Like

Why do I always look closer at the reviews AFTER I buy something, lol

Seems like a good trade…this reel for just 6 jacksons.

Catch em up

What’s more fun than a topwater trout? Nothing. I love the way they hit it. It’s like they’re irritated that a bait would swim so close.

2 Likes