Trout up the Wando

Fished near some private docks up the Wando River with a friend from North Carolina. We landed 7 nice trout. 6 keepers, 1 small, all released. Fish turned on right before low tide, and shut back off pretty quick. We had about 45 minutes of decent fishing. No pictures today. Biggest trout was 17in.

That’s good to hear fly,what lure / color y’all using?

Sounds about right. that hot bite is over, gotta work for 'em now.

Zman trout eye w/ fried chicken colored shrimp seems like all they wanted to bite. We tried several other colors, but that was the money.

quote:
Originally posted by Local Cluster

I wouldn’t say that just yet. I know several people that are still putting 50+ trout into the boat every day they hit the water. The bite is still hot, if you know where they are, what they want and how they want it.

“…be a man and PM me.”

quote:
Originally posted by bangstick
quote:
Originally posted by Local Cluster

I wouldn’t say that just yet. I know several people that are still putting 50+ trout into the boat every day they hit the water. The bite is still hot, if you know where they are, what they want and how they want it.

“…be a man and PM me.”

. You must be talking about that juice guy,I heard that he was pretty tough on the trout.Come on bang,spill the beans,what’s he using?

He’s one of my fishing buddies that’s been on’em. He and I fish together quite a bit. DOA shrimp (no popping cork), Trout Trick (on Eye Strike jigheads), paddle tail swimbaits (on weighted swimbait hooks or Eye Strike jigheads) tend to be our go-to’s. As far as color, the clearer the water, the more subtle/natural/translucent the color of the lure. That said, we tend to focus on/look for clearer water.

“…be a man and PM me.”

do you add any weight to the DOA Shrimp?? Thanks for sharing your lures and color.
Larry

01 Scout 177 w/ 150 hpdi

Just the “nail” weights that come with it. Nothing outside of that.

I tend to fish lighter weights (including Eye Strike jigheads) during the winter, usually around 1/8oz. It forces me to fish slower so I can maintain “contact” (feel) with the lure. The minute you lose contact with the lure, you’re going to miss the bite.

“…be a man and PM me.”

Yea bangstick,thanks pal ,you’re a swell guy always helping out with the scoop.