quote:
Originally posted by Optiker

Those gamakatsu jigs are correct

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

this is good enough for me!

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

quote:
Originally posted by RADDADDY

I pour up the PERFECT head for the Trout Trick; 1/16th, 1/8th, and 3/16th. If anyone is interested, send me a PM.

PM sent

• I’d rather be a free man in my grave than living as a puppet or a slave.

quote:
Originally posted by fishingwithbob

As I have posted before, the pros I have talked with all agree, unless you match the color of the jighead to the plastic, the contrast may be too great. Unpainted is neutral. Bob

I read a study in the CCA “Tide” magazine last year that said that redfish and trout do not see the color red. Stripers can. Like Bob said, I think its more about contrast than color. Ralph Phillips uses a Cotee jig that has a big eye on it. It’s red, but the contrast of the eye is probably what the fish see. It seems to work well. That being said, I have caught plenty on the unpainted round ball jig.

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com | www.summervillesaltwateranglers.com

I picked up the trout tricks and unpainted gamakatsu 1/8 oz jigheads at Haddrell’s. They work and are one of my goto artificials.

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there’d be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson

Malibu X-13
WS Pamlico 120 Angler

How do u rig these trout tricks? Through the end or in the middle like a wacky worm?

rick bassin