TroutTrick Technique (Stonoman)

The TroutTrick must be allowed to fall STRAIGHT down on a 1/8th ounce
jighead (unpainted 3/0) to create the reaction bite. With your rod pointed at the lure, reel in the slack and give a couple of jerks, then drop the rod tip to allow bait to fall STRAIGHT down again. In shallow water jerk sideways.
The trout will hit it on the fall or pick it up off the bottom, hence your jerk becomes a hookset. We think the ribs create a vibration saltwater trout home in on. It is so strong that when you fish through a school of totally negative fish, they will strike with their mouths closed. Eventually you will foul hook one and realize what is going on. Because of this, I’ve located schools of fish I would have fished through with other baits. Bob

Had to edit this post with this email I got this AM.

Bob

Last night just before dark my 5 year old grandson wanted to fish with me in the creek out back, so I would cast and he would reel, bouncing the TroutTrick off the bottom. On about the 3rd cast the rod starts jumping, he starts squealing in high glee, grandmama is whooping, and I’m grabbing the net for this 16in flattie! Thank you again for spreading the joy of catching fish thru the TroutTrick

Bob Sanders
www.trouttrick.com
www.fishingwithbob.com
www.southcarolinalandonline.com
bob@fishingwithbob.com
803-300-2780

Will locate some of the unpainted jig heads asap.Thanks for re-posting for us.

Stonoman

Bob,
Do you texpose the hook point or just run it all the way through?

Bill, All the way thru, hook exposed. You need at lest a foot of water visibility, the more the better. Bob

Bob Sanders
www.trouttrick.com
www.fishingwithbob.com
bob@fishingwithbob.com
803-300-2780

Why unpainted jig head?

What he said. Why unpainted. I got some last week and hope to get on the water soon

As I have posted before, the pros I have talked with all agree, unless you match the color of the jighead to the plastic, the contrast may be too great. Unpainted is neutral. Bob

Bob Sanders
www.trouttrick.com
www.fishingwithbob.com
bob@fishingwithbob.com
803-300-2780

Stonoman,
Have you located the correct jigheads?
I havent had any luck finding round 3/0 1/8oz jigheads.
Anyone know they carry them?

I know trout will hit a TroutTrick with a white jighead, but I will certainly be fishing them next time with the unpainted jighead…might be the difference in a good day and a great one! and Bob, I love that lure…great work sir!

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Walmart has them 1/8 oz Gamakatsu lead head with 3/0 owner hooks.

quote:
Originally posted by friogatto

Stonoman,

2005 180 Flats Fox w/115 Yamaha 4 stroke
1996 1436 War Eagle w/25 Evinrude 2 stroke

DDS2,
Which walmart have you purchased them from?

Several but the latest was the Goose Creek store close to my house.

quote:

DDS2,
Which walmart have you purchased them from?

Thank you, Goose Creek is a bit of a drive for a jighead, but I’m going near the Walmart on Bees Ferry tonight. Maybe they have them.

Let me know if you guys find them on your side of town. I will be on the island Thursday I could possibly pick some up for you. Send me a pm if you don’t have any luck.

quote:

Thank you, Goose Creek is a bit of a drive for a jighead, but I’m going near the Walmart on Bees Ferry tonight. Maybe they have them.

You can buy a pack of freshwater bass worms for 1.99 and they are “ribbed” for the fish’s pleasure too. I’m sure they work just as well as anything else. The elognated drop is why worms work well for trout. To suggest the color of the jig head matters, is just noobish. Thats not true. Don’t over think fishing.

Hoosier,
Bob is the inventor of this worm and this is his thread. People love it for fresh and salt water.
Instead of throwing water on his baby, why not start your very own noobie know it all topic, hmmm?

quote:

Stonoman,

Charleston Angler carries them.

These are the jig heads I found at Walmart on Bees Ferry rd.
They are close to what is recommended, but I do not believe these are 3/0 hooks, though the box doesn’t say.

Is this what everyone is using? If not, can someone post a pic of the correct jig head with it’s packaging and where it was purchased?

I pour up the PERFECT head for the Trout Trick; 1/16th, 1/8th, and 3/16th. If anyone is interested, send me a PM.

Those jigs are correct same as I use and the same as Bob recommended to me.

quote:

These are the jig heads I found at Walmart on Bees Ferry rd.
They are close to what is recommended, but I do not believe these are 3/0 hooks, though the box doesn’t say.

Is this what everyone is using? If not, can someone post a pic of the correct jig head with it’s packaging and where it was purchased?