Truck airbags

I’ll always driven 3500 and 2500 pickup trucks. This 1500 grocery getter just a little light in the loafers…

Hey buddy here have any experience with airbags?.
Pros and cons…

My chevy 2015 1500 had a recall on the airbags. Last week they kept my truck all day to replace them.

I think its the same with the 3/4 and the ton trucks on up

I should have been a little clearer…Suspension airbags…

Had them on my last 3/4 ton that we used to haul the camper, and also my trailer with a 29HP tractor, nothing much heavier though.

I liked them, especially with the trailer loaded heavy as far as not letting the truck squat.

I just put a set on my service truck. I love em. They are not hard to DIY. Many different kits on the market with air pump and in cab controls/guages. Mine went in the place of the factory bump stops. no drilling or fabricating .

I’ve thought about doing it to my truck, although I rarely load it down like you do. I’ve got two trailers that doing majority of my heavy lifting.

This guy is usually pretty thorough. How To Install Air Lift LoadLifter Air Bags on a GMC Sierra AT4 or Chevrolet Trail Boss. 2019 - 2021 - YouTube

I watched the part 2 of his video also.
He says in the instructions it tells you to mount the compressor on the frame rail by the front door. But he said in a number of places in the instructions it says to mount so don’t get too wet… So he mounted it under the hood.
Going to pull the trigger on the one with the compressor.

He’s a wealth of knowledge that guy. And an engineering brain. Some of what he does is overkill, but you can learn alot from those type guys.

https://www.etrailer.com/vehicle-finder.aspx?hhcat=susp&furl=-pm-Air_Lift&gclid=CjwKCAjwrZOXBhACEiwA0EoRD5Lo7l3IcdaogHCQ3c30itI6C-KGQ7Oth6NszE3VQkfwGFUUaxzsxhoCVRMQAvD_BwE

Friend of mine runs these on his 19’ GMC. He swaers by em.