Truck headlight recommendations: updated

I’m looking at replacing the headlights on my 04 Silverado. I’ve ordered new covers to replace the foggy ones I have currently. My question is what route should I take on bulbs?? Should I try to do the whole hid thing, led , or just plain bulbs. I’d like to get them as bright as I can. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

17’ Mako

This might be helpful: http://www.silveradosierra.com/exterior/what-is-the-brightest-headlamp-bulb-t14021.html

http://www.lowcountrypregnancycenter.com/

Yeah, I miss the old days of actual glass headlights. I’m just wondering how many times I can polish mine to get the foggy look off of them before I polish through the plastic. I’ve been looking at replacement headlight units myself (06 Tundra).

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

I installed a set of new HID projector headlight assemblies from Spyder Illuminations in my Super Duty and love them. I would never go back to traditional bulbs. here is their website…

http://www.spyderauto.com/home.php

DDM tuning HID. Just bulbs and ballasts…but please go to a temp range that is not blue!

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

Just for God’s sake get them aimed properly. I’d love to stuff the aftermarket HIDs and light bars up the rear of every heybo in the lowcountry.

Boat drinks, Waitress I need 2 more boat drinks!

yes, its very important to take the time to properly aim the HIDs

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

Yeah, I miss the old days of actual glass headlights. I’m just wondering how many times I can polish mine to get the foggy look off of them before I polish through the plastic. I’ve been looking at replacement headlight units myself (06 Tundra).

Do you seal them after? It makes a big difference. If you were just sanding them and polishing them, they will cloud up again within months.
For about five dollars you can get a bottle of the sealer on Amazon. I think I used blue magic. I finally started using it last time I polished mine and it’s been over a year. They look as good as the day I polished them.

10% of the people catch 90% of the fish.

I have been using a fine polishing compound. Have not tried the sealer, may have to look in to that.

Previous owner of my truck had installed aftermarket HID. I initially loved them, extremely clear, bright white light made driving at night great. After about 9-months they started giving me trouble. The lights would not fire every time. Initially thought it was a bulb issue, replaced but same problem. Problem jumped from drivers to passengers side non stop so it was not a consistent problem, add to that the fact they only did it intermittently and it was beyond frustrating. I tried new dedicated relays and new grounding points but issue persisted. Short of a new electrical hardware I could not find a solution. Was not willing to put time and money in any more so just went to new silvillianna bulbs and stock setup.

I’ve always just bought the highest output Sylvania bulb I could find if I was feeling like a change and had some extra cash in my wallet. I wouldn’t go messing around with the system. Just get a good set of bulbs. If you really need output, get a light bar.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by Too Busy

Just for God’s sake get them aimed properly. I’d love to stuff the aftermarket HIDs and light bars up the rear of every heybo in the lowcountry.

Amen to that. Don’t be a douche and blind every car on the road so you can increase your heybo level and impress the other highschool boys.

First, Most, Biggest

Thanks for all the help. I decided to go with white high performance low beam and sylvania ultra star high beams and steer clear of the hids to avoid future issues. I also put new covers in and couldn’t be more happy- they make the truck look great! Cheap and easy too!

17’ Mako

quote:
Originally posted by Screamingdrag

Thanks for all the help. I decided to go with white high performance low beam and sylvania ultra star high beams and steer clear of the hids to avoid future issues. I also put new covers in and couldn’t be more happy- they make the truck look great! Cheap and easy too!

17’ Mako

17’ Mako

Looks awesome. How about a link to your headlight housings? I need to do the same on mine.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

Looks awesome. How about a link to your headlight housings? I need to do the same on mine.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Not sure why but I can’t find the link. I got them from DNA motoring and paid around 130. I also got the low beam bulbs that they offer in super bright and they are burn a white light . There’s lots of other places that sell the covers also if you can’t find this website. Good luck

17’ Mako

looks like a new truck now