Truck tool box recommendations

I’ve been unsuccessfullly trying to find a used truck box for a while now and I think I’m going to have to bite the bullet and buy one. Does anyone have any recommendations? My budget is $400

17’ Mako

Cam locker tool boxes best out there in my opinion great locking system. Bought my last one from woods and water in chapin not sure who sells them in charleston… Hope this helps

Sea Hunt 225
Yamaha F200

have you checked the pawn shops?

Pioneer 197SF

Cam Locker is the best around! I had someone TRY and break in with a crow bar. The lock mechanism goes from one side to the other so both sides lock at the same time. It’s the best toolbox I’ve found without going completely custom. I’ve had 4 over the years.

“Those who have the ability to make a difference have the responsibility to do so.” Thomas Jefferson

Weatherguard end the thread. They last, are secure and tough as can be. You pay for it up front but your truck will be worn out before the box is.

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

there are 4 boxes on the FB marketplace in Columbia

Pioneer 197SF

Northern tool makes a good box for well under your budget.

17’ Mako
283 Grady White Release
Youtube:srgoprovideos

I vote for Camlocker also. In addition to being very secure, it is lined with a felt like material. This prevents all of that aluminum dust that results from stuff sliding around in the truck box. I bought mine from Linex in SAV when they sprayed my truck bed.

oc

quote:
Originally posted by smb99

17’ Mako
283 Grady White Release

I’ve been considering one from them for quite some time but wasn’t sure of the quality since they are a discount tool store.

17’ Mako

quote:
Originally posted by Screamingdrag
quote:
Originally posted by smb99

17’ Mako
283 Grady White Release

I’ve been considering one from them for quite some time but wasn’t sure of the quality since they are a discount tool store.

17’ Mako

Their boxes are made by DeeZee if I’m not mistaken. Servicable but not great.

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

CAMLOCKER!

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

Camlocker. Had one and stupidly let it go with the old truck when I sold it.

I now have a UWS that I got cheap, carpet lined and replaced shocks. Dang sure wish I still had that Camlocker with the rail.

www.militaryappreciationday.org

Cam Locker, Bubbas in Summerville has the best prices. Just like every other quality item, you have to pay to play. Well worth the extra $100 over anything else. Norhtern tool boxes suck also, a buddy of mine has one and its not worth scrap money.