Trucker Heater Trouble

quote:
Dump a can of Stop Leak in it, before you spend the big bucks.

Thought about that but I don’t want to be on the road and have it get worse. I found a good radiator at Rockauto and can replace it myself. Funny, did my taxes yesterday. Somehow my truck knew I was getting a refund.

Thanks Pea, as much as it sucks, it’s something I can fix and there are a lot more people with bigger problems.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

Dump a can of Stop Leak in it, before you spend the big bucks.

NO No and NO again! all your doing is masking the problem, fix it right and be done with it. If you’ve seen the troubles caused by the variety of “stop leak” brands as I have you’d never use the stuff unless in an extreme emergency. You run the risk of internally clogging your radiator as well as your heater core.

I’ve used some stuff called “liquid glass” bought at Hiott’s Pharmacy with some success and also seen a Head off an engine that has used that stuff. Don’t do it… Sometimes you can tell a person till your blue in the face about the stuff and they still have to see it for themselves. Do yourself a favor and pull the radiator and have it fixed or replaced. Probably just as cheap to replace it. To me stop leak is for those that want the quick promise/hope of a fix, or know they are selling a vehicle and look to “screw” the next guy.

I know a lot that have gotten away with stop leak, but I know more that have not and caused themselves bigger problems.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

so you’re saying don’t use to stop leak?

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

Not I this case.

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

pretty much… yep.

just keep adding coolant till you can afford to fix it right, if your gonna keep what ever it is. Cure in a bottle is kind of like the old medicine man’s tonic. It might work from time to time.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

I did think about stop leak but plan on keeping the truck for a while longer. After reading about stop leak having a tendency to stop up heater cores I decided to replace. A new radiator is on the way. Guess what I’ll be doing next weekend?

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?