Tuesday Report

Not often you have a nice day and nice day fishing, but today was both.
With a north wind it worked out just right to drift both sides of Spence Island, and I found fish on both.
Not fast action, but just enough, all Male fish, with 2 about 21/22? 2 around the 25? range and one around 28?. Most caught at around 60? in 90? of water. Could have had more if regs would allow.
Hope for more days like this with low Humidity and lower temps.

I was jealous this am knowing you were out there while I was eating breakfast at the Exxon at the dam. That’s about as nice as it gets for this time of year. Looks like we got a couple more days of it too.

I think I will try it a couple of hours tonight.

'07 198 DLX Carolina Skiff
FS90 Suzuki

quote:
Originally posted by striperskiff

I was jealous this am knowing you were out there while I was eating breakfast at the Exxon at the dam. That’s about as nice as it gets for this time of year. Looks like we got a couple more days of it too.

I think I will try it a couple of hours tonight.

FS90 Suzuki

Maybe???

“All fisherman lie. And if they say otherwise, then they’re lying”

“Sea~N~Stripes”
21’ Hewes Craft Custom
115 Evinrude

Nope!! I ran over to Pep Boys at lunch today and no longer will a fish with treble hooks in them be capable of flopping around while I unhook them.

FS90 Suzuki

Wayne and I had decent pick out there today too. We found our fish off the bottom on a 55 foot hump near the mouth of Jakes with 5 being legits to 27 inches and the others squealers. Could have done better also if the regs allowed, but I’m starting to see it’s good for our fishery… Headed to the Hill in the morn. There, we’ll fish 'til the last bait is gone:sunglasses:

Xpress HB-22
175 Yammy Jammer

I took my 4yo daughter this afternoon, had an awesome day! Will post a report tomorrow.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Tim, when I was on this thread a little bit ago, your pic didn’t come up. That’s a good idea. I’ve seen pliers made for grabbing small catfish to keep them from finning the angler; so why not striper pliers?:smiley:

Xpress HB-22
175 Yammy Jammer

Not all hooks end up embedded on one’s body by a flopping fish!

Just saying!

Rick K

http://www.westmarine.com/buy/united-plastics--norton-fish-grip-glow--13345509

These work great. They lock onto the lip so no risk of the pliers coming off the fish. And they glow in the dark.

I fished by myself one evening and caught 5 fish in 30 minutes and never had any trouble handling fish. Heck I don’t think my hands even ever got slimey.

“Banana Pants”
Indigo Bay 170
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

I kind of like the roughed up thumbs from lipping the fish. It’s proof of a good night. But I must say I don’t like being impaled by treble hooks.

Wellcraft V-20 sportfish with a 200 Evinrude

Yea. I’m not worried about when fishing with a single hook…just when using plugs with multiple treble hooks on them. Even though a good hold on the lips with something like Geronimo posted is fine most of the time, I just wanted to have something to keep them from flopping at all when using big plugs…particularly when they are hooked on the middle set of hooks and the end hook is hanging free like in the pic.

I went and tried out the filter wrench last night, and it worked great. It’s a big one so it didn’t work well on the couple of shorts I got ( they all seemed to be unusually skinny), but was fine on the 22/23" fish.

FS90 Suzuki

quote:
Originally posted by Rick K

Not all hooks end up embedded on one’s body by a flopping fish!

Just saying!

Rick K

Nurse in the ER said they pulled one out of a guys ear last week.

FS90 Suzuki

I had a friend stick a rooster tail in his eyelid when it pulled out of a trout. My other friend grabbed it with pliers and ripped it out in one quick pull. Luckily never touched the eye.

He, I heard a nurse in the ER pulled one out of a guys ear last week