Turning Over A 19' Sea Ark CC

Its a 19’ boat, it sits on about 10.5 or 11 feet of bunks. we had to cut off about 10’’ off each one because of the boats forward and bow dead rise.

yes, its probably overkill, but next time i park on an oyster rake to load a few bushels I’ll just smile as I gouge her on up the bank that extra few feet.

1 Like

Primed

Paint tomorrow if the wind lays down

Ahead of schedule, a little help goes a long way

2 Likes

Bottoms finished, 2 coats primer and three top coats atop the new skin.

It turned out better than i had imagined, so good I’ll probably spend a little more time and effort on the flipside now.

Looks awesome, EF. Curious how it will drive??

Get that up to 20 or so and let go of steering wheel. Vid please…

NN

Are you entertaining new names for her?

1 Like

Its never had a name, when people get in it they usually say, “thats a big jon boat”

I just smile and tell 'em “its not that big, just happy to see you”

We could vote on a name, that might be fun

That old watertank couldnt hold all the stuff we’ve caught, gathered, or killed out of it if you filled it twice, lol

I think the same thing when I see smans boat or the new Flatty rebuild, good stuff

All roads lead to Neyland

I’ve always wanted to see someone name a boat Flounder Pounder

Thanks for sharing EF1. I need to replace the carpet on my runners with rubber. This surely motivates me to do it.

So while the boat was off the trailer I thought Id do some much needed maintenance.

But after a closer look I have decided to start with a good used aluminum trailer and upfit it. The old galvanized one could have been fixed, but I decided it was just throwing good money after bad. Maybe make a canoe/bike trailer out of it for local use, we’ll see.

I got the one you can see in the background of these pics for $750, just needs a few adjustments and some tweeking and Im good to go for another decade (fingers crossed)

So today i got some untreated spruce 12’ 2x6’s and then countersunk some 1/2:inch thick nylon sliders on top of those. Routed away the sharp edges where the carpet will cover the bunks and called it a day.

This should stop all the corosion in the future. Again, fingers crossed

And just to be clear, white chili is the daddy of all the early winter soups. Good stuff

Nice work! One question, though, Why not just leave the nylon sliders uncovered, and do away with the carpeted bunks?

Also, what time is dinner… :grinning:

@Mixed_Nutz

It would make the boat too slick to stick to the bunks when you were loading or unloading on a steep ramp. Also when you have to put the boat on the trailer in strong current the carpet friction helps keep the boat directly on/over the bunks and not pushed down current.

Bunks wrapped, waiting on some hot dipped hardware to bolt them back up. Might as well get ALL the rusty stuff gone while Im here.

Maybe Ill be finished before the spring mahi run

Back sunny side up, stripped, and pressure washed today.

I put the wobbler on the pressure washer and let it peel the paint wherever it could/would.

Need to do a little sanding and brushing where the old stainless L brackets were attached (live and learn) and she’s ready to paint.

The Lord loves a good beater boat and most of the crusty old bastards riding in them, of this I feel certain.

Oh yeah, while I have you here, how 'bout them Cocks? Those hens are the real deal this year. Tuesday is gonna be hard on the dirt peckers I predict. We’ll see.

Lookin" Good, Captain!!

Might I suggest a high quality primer, before your paint application?

I’ve, generally, found my better paint jobs, on tin botes, is due to the primer, rather than the paint.

Hated to see the Tigers loose on the last second, in regulation!!

thread of the year so far.

thank you for the pictures and narrative

Mostly sanded, partly primed. Good advice

Slowly but surely, Rome in a Day, what doesn’t kill you, and anything worth doing…

Usually when “All is said and done” more is usually "said than done’…not this time.

I pity the next oyster bank I sit on

Inside sanded and two coats of self etching primer layed down

Ready to shoot the topcoats next

Like it never happened