Turnover

Looks like the lake turned over last night.

Dang, it sure does look like it on that USGS site. No idea what to expect fishing tomorrow after that. I’m still learning October and November after being more of a deer hunter those months. We sold the property I hunted so I’m fully dedicated to fishing now.

Here we go again! I think the water is still to warm! 76 today!

It’s weird, but the bottom temp spiked 11 degrees overnight according to that site. I wouldn’t have thought it, but unless there’s a problem with their sensors, something happened. I’ll look at it the next few days.

James “Captain Fog” Lindler
Team Hardcore
Xpress HB-22
F150 4 Stroke Yammy Jammer
For guide service, search fogmanfisheries on Facebook.

The thermocline started to break up over a week ago, but still stayed intact according to the USGS site. Looks like it tried to turn fri but just couldn’t finish (much like a baby trying to roll over for the 1st time…lol…) give it a couple more days and it should turn…i tried to stir the pot with this post on LMFR last weekend when it first started mixing…:stuck_out_tongue:

Looks like its pretty much on schedule (or close enough) for the ole saying “second week of Nov give or take a couple weeks”… Ha

“All fisherman lie. And if they say otherwise, then they’re lying”

21’ Hewes Craft Custom
140 Suzuki

USCG Licensed Captain
Sea~N~Stripes Guide Service

Yep. It flirted hard with it on Friday night but has backed off. Top and bottom temp are back to being apart by 8 degrees.

Team Hardcore
Xpress HB-22

It’s getting close again. Top and bottom are within 2 degrees, and bottom DO is up above 4 ppm. Definitely time to dust off the planers if you haven’t already.

I’ll be doing just that when my new troller is here and I do the install. My old V2 bit the dust in Saturday’s tournament hurting our chances of doing well. A new Riptide Terrova Ipilot 80 is on the way!

Team Hardcore
Xpress HB-22

Puzzling. The turnover has really retreated over the past couple of days. It’ll be interesting to watch with the weather we have coming in later tonight through tomorrow. Not trying to stir the pot, it’s just that I’ve grown to enjoy the watch this time of year.

Team Hardcore
Xpress HB-22

With the next 4 nights forecast to be in the forties, something ought to change for real.

Rick K
Tidewater 2200 Carolina Bay Boat
Yamaha 250 4 Stroke

Tim needs to throw a tournament to get this turnover going

Wellcraft V-20 sportfish with a 200 Evinrude

All this cold rain should do it!

quote:
Originally posted by steelytom

Tim needs to throw a tournament to get this turnover going

Wellcraft V-20 sportfish with a 200 Evinrude

A “Turnover Tournament”. I like it.

-The size of a fish is directly proportional to the time between when it’s lost and the story is told. - Me
-What’s the best eating fish, you ask? I’ve found that for a lot people, its the ones that they happen to be able to catch, clean, and cook. - My Dad (1/13/37 - 9/27/16 I love you Pops)
-Until you have loved a dog, part of your soul remains unawakened. Anatole France (paraphrased)
-RIP my “Puppy Dog” 10/15/2004 - 1/14/2013. I’ll never forget him. What a special friend he was.
-Team Gonna Fish

Maybe this time it made it for real.

quote:
Originally posted by pattianne

Maybe this time it made it for real.

Yep, Mike, it may have turned.

-The size of a fish is directly proportional to the time between when it’s lost and the story is told. - Me
-What’s the best eating fish, you ask? I’ve found that for a lot people, its the ones that they happen to be able to catch, clean, and cook. - My Dad (1/13/37 - 9/27/16 I love you Pops)
-Until you have loved a dog, part of your soul remains unawakened. Anatole France (paraphrased)
-RIP my “Puppy Dog” 10/15/2004 - 1/14/2013. I’ll never forget him. What a special friend he was.
-Team Gonna Fish

Both top and bottom about 70, dissolved oxygen up to 7.

-Team Gonna Fish

Yep. We have turnover. I didn’t buy it last week, but the bottom DO is within .5 of the top with uniform 70 degree temps. It was very sneaky this year and over a week earlier than usual. Looking forward to the good pulling again, especially now that I have a brand new Riptide Terrova Ipilot 80 mounted on the Hardcore Xpress. Maiden voyage is planned for Saturday!

Team Hardcore
Xpress HB-22

The water temperature and dissolved oxygen are the same on both the top and bottom, assuming a couple days of this and things will flip back to normal. I’ve heard turnover can last 2-3 days up to a week. I am ready to start pulling boards.

We pulled boards (and downrods) on Sunday. We caught around 15. All shorts except one, close to 9lbs.

Bob Van Gundy
803-727-4069
Custom Aluminum Fabrication