TV tonight!

quote:
Originally posted by Afishianado

It was just pointed out to me that Georgia allows 2 red snapper per person per day to be kept. If I was a red snapper I’d move to South Carolina waters. Much safer.
Seriously though. What is the big difference in Red Snapper habitat/population etc. between SC and Georgia?

GA law means nothing as you cant catch RS in state waters, too close in. We have to follow same rules as SC and they both suck!

quote:
GA law means nothing as you cant catch RS in state waters, too close in. We have to follow same rules as SC and they both suck!

What he said. Red snapper don’t live in our state waters, so it doesn’t matter.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:
thanks for clearing that up. My buddy from Savannah didn't know what he was talking about. As usual

I’ve been fishing offshore Savannah for 50 years. State waters only extend 3 miles from shore, or the demarcation line. Red snapper are seldom closer to shore than 30 miles. That’s Federal waters and their jurisdiction. You’d have a hard time convincing anyone that you caught a legal size red snapper in GA or SC state water.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:
Originally posted by dparker677

…fishing???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taCRowC90RA

“There’s a fine line between fishing and standing in the surf like an idiot.”

wow… thats a cool video! George Carlin ranting away really makes it!!

The Earth will heal it’s self! gotta love George Carlin.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

I am watching big fish Texas on national geographic right now. Right now, the commercial guys are heading out on a recreational boat to try and bust recreational fishermen fishing on illegal numbers. Meanwhile they pull as many red snapper over the rail in three seconds as I’ve kept in the past few years.

I’m seeing the same thing. I just found out what a bunch of scum bags the Gulf commercial fishermen are. Catching thousands of pounds and all upset about some guy catching two or three of “their” fish. That’s safmc catch shares for you. I just lost any respect I may have had for those jerks.

Olde Man Charters

It’s one thing telling the DNR about a blatant violation if you see one that you can’t abide by. Going out on the boat just to try and bust someone is a new level of rat I have never even heard of.

LOUD NOISES!!!