TV tonight!

Tonight on National Geo channel on Dish Tv ch.186 Big Fish Texas! Commercial fishing for red snapper. Last week 3 men caught on hooks, 15.000# in less than 30 hrs. What a crock to have a closed rec. season and let them do that! Watch and comment!

Friend just told me about the show, and I made the exact same comment. They can do the exact same thing off our coast and yet they cant let us keep one a trip? Crazy

Hydra-Sport 3300VX
18 Key West

Just watched like an hour of baby red snapper flop on the deck. My little brother caught the snapper of a lifetime on my boat last year and I had to break his heart and tell him to throw it back. God bless our government

"They can do the exact same thing off our coast and yet they cant let us keep one a trip? "

Someone please enlighten me on the commercial status of red snapper. I’m quite certain is has been closed for several years now.

Sea Hunt 207CC,Yam F150
Carolina Skiff (old school model)17’ Suz D50

I BELIEVE THE GULF HAS CATCH SHARES FOR COMMERCIAL FISHERIES THATS WHAT THEY WANT HERE.

Yep, they buy quota.

I dont think the snapper fishing here is anything like on the show but there are definitely enough fish to allow one fish per boat. I don’t do a lot of bottom fishing but when I do it really hurts my feelings to throw them back.

Charlie
www.tidedownsportfishing.com
(843)312-2981

ITS ALSO TV NO WAY 3 GUYS CAUGHT 15000 IN 30 HRS DO THE MATH MAYBE 1500

quote:
Originally posted by MULLET HEAD

ITS ALSO TV NO WAY 3 GUYS CAUGHT 15000 IN 30 HRS DO THE MATH MAYBE 1500

Wrong! At an average of 100 pounds per drop it is easy for them to do it. Like I said on Facebook, someone should bring a copy of this show to the next Gulf council meeting and demand that recreational fishermen are allowed to catch red snapper year round!

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

If you would read the post, it was 15,000#! I’m pretty sure the symbol for pounds is #:wink:

Let me try some fuzzy math…

15,000 pounds in less than 30 hours. That is 500 pounds of fish an hour.

Divide that by 3 men and they had to catch 166.6 pounds per hour, per man, for 30 straight hours.

That’s some dang good fishing right there:smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

SO I GUESS THEY DIDNT GUT PACK AND ICE, HAVE TO MAKE NEW RIGS EAT OR GO TO THE BATHROOM OR DRAG ANCHOR TO CHANGE SPOTS THERE TOUGH…

pretty easy using a bandit rig

If it’s on TV or the Internet, it’s gotta be fake…right?

Yes, it’s very feasible for three experienced commercial fisherman to put 15k on the boat in 30 hours. Note, I did not say easy or that anyone could do it.

In the future, where every stranger poses a potential threat, knowing the predator mindset is the only safe haven.

Xpress H20B Bay Series
Yamaha 115 SHO

…fishing???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taCRowC90RA

“There’s a fine line between fishing and standing in the surf like an idiot.”

I didn’t say it was impossible either. I’ve seen bandit reels in action. Just saying that is some serious fishing!

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

You know what they say CL, you get out of it what you put in it.

In the future, where every stranger poses a potential threat, knowing the predator mindset is the only safe haven.

Xpress H20B Bay Series
Yamaha 115 SHO

ITS POSSIBLE IF EVERYTHING GOS PERFECT HAVE CAUGHT 40 BOXES OF B-LINERS IN 36 HRS DOCK TO DOCK 4 HANDED ON A 20 KNOT BOAT HERE ITS TOUGH LIKE I SAID IT HAS TO GO PERFECT THEY JUST DIDNT SEEM LIKE A BALL OF FIRE.

I dont know if they caught 15000# in 36 hrs but they were wearing their ass out. Snapper sere following hooked fish to the boat and you could see them from the surface. I have seen sea bass do this but snapper was unreal. Maybe I need to move to the gulf and get some catch shares. Hell I just like to catch them but it would be nice to eat one from time to time.

Charlie
www.tidedownsportfishing.com
(843)312-2981

It was just pointed out to me that Georgia allows 2 red snapper per person per day to be kept. If I was a red snapper I’d move to South Carolina waters. Much safer.
Seriously though. What is the big difference in Red Snapper habitat/population etc. between SC and Georgia?