TWA flight 800 documentary

conspiracy theories in 3, 2, 1…

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/19/us/twa-crash-claim/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

A coming documentary on the 1996 TWA Flight 800 disaster offers “solid proof that there was an external detonation,” Tom Stalcup, a co-producer of the documentary, told CNN’s “New Day” on Wednesday. “Of course everyone knows about the eyewitness statements, but we also have corroborating evidence from the radar data, and the radar data shows (an) asymmetric explosion coming out of that plane – something that didn’t happen in the official theory.” The National Transportation Safety Board ruled that the explosion was caused by an electrical short, most likely originating in a fuel gauge line, which found its way into the center wing fuel tank, detonating the lethal fuel vapors there.

The documentarians said they have a “trifecta of elements” that will “prove that the officially proposed fuel-air explosion did not cause the crash.” That trifecta includes forensic evidence, first-hand sources and corroborating eyewitnesses, and the whistleblowing investigators.

The evidence proves that “one or more ordnance explosions outside the aircraft caused the crash,” the producers said. But it does not identify or speculate on the source of the ordnance explosions.

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

I remember all the witness interviews on TV talking about a rocket flying into the plane. That’s interesting to see investigators saying it was caused by an outside explosion. Conspiracy theories are so much fun!

Semper Fi
18’ Sterling
115 Yamaha
Big Ugly Homemade Blue Push Pole

I’m curious, it takes a pretty hot flame/spark to get diesel fuel to just light off. Isn’t JP-1/Aviation fuel/Kerosene a similar flash point and combustion temp? Could a short on a plane with redundant and safety factors of 10 have a short like that?

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

Can’t get the link or to anything on CNN.

If it was a cover up I hope it gets exposed. The victims families deserve the truth. Biggest thing I remember was the NTSB investigation did not go back and re question the 200+ witnesses after the FBI was done with it’s investigation. Wasn’t one of the witnesses a pilot in another craft that witnessed a surface flash?

quote:
Originally posted by saltydog235

I’m curious, it takes a pretty hot flame/spark to get diesel fuel to just light off. Isn’t JP-1/Aviation fuel/Kerosene a similar flash point and combustion temp? Could a short on a plane with redundant and safety factors of 10 have a short like that?

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

Was thinking the exact same thing. I remember watching Mythbusters trying to ignite gas tanks with gunfire, as well as spilled gasoline by flicking cigarettes. Neither were plausible and both busted.

I just can’t believe a “short” would cause that unless that short was under a helluva load of voltage and then burned, burned, through the wrining and electrical containment panel/box.

Turkey… the other white meat.

link works for me…try this one http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/18/twa-flight-800-investigators-break-silence-in-new-documentary-claim-original/

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

There is a very good (fiction) book about this by Nelson DeMille. It is called Night Fall. I am reading all of his books lately and just finished that one a couple of months ago. Pretty good read, as are all of his books.

And John F. Kennedy Jr. was really, really, smart! He passed the NY Bar Exam on the first try and was a hell of a good pilot that wanted to make a water landing to impress his wife. Upside down no less!

quote:
Originally posted by Turquia Loco

I just can’t believe a “short” would cause that unless that short was under a helluva load of voltage and then burned, burned, through the wrining and electrical containment panel/box.

I don’t think a fuel gauge uses a lot of current. I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t produce a big enough spark to ignite it. Good points Salty and Turq.

I was an Aviation Electrician, but I didn’t do a whole lot of fuel tank work. Those parts were always removed and replaced without being opened. The seals had to be factory sealed for safety reasons. Now if someone tried an unauthorized repair because the boss was yelling “Get this plane back in the air no matter what!”, I could see it maybe wires being connected wrong. I don’t see how the aircraft pre-flight check systems wouldn’t find such a serious problem, though.

Semper Fi
18’ Sterling
115 Yamaha

HoofArd, don’t most fuel sending units use a ground and varying resistance to signal the gauge. All other senders that are powered use a low signal voltage and still varying resistance on the ground side.

“Gun’s don’t kill people, it’s mostly the Bullets”

quote:
Originally posted by joeboo

HoofArd, don’t most fuel sending units use a ground and varying resistance to signal the gauge. All other senders that are powered use a low signal voltage and still varying resistance on the ground side.

Yes.

I wasn’t a purple shirt. I think they might know more about these systems than I do.

I do know a guy who was a space shuttle fueling engineer. When I see him again, I’ll ask him about this.

I saw a lady on TV last night who seemed way smarter and more knowledgeable on aircraft fuel systems than me. She was trying to “shoot down” this conspiracy theory. She’s probably part of the whole cover up. :stuck_out_tongue:

Semper Fi
18’ Sterling
115 Yamaha

quote:
Originally posted by joeboo

“Gun’s don’t kill people, it’s mostly the Bullets”

Good thought…

Turkey… the other white meat.