Twin Ponds and Boggy Head

I used to go to Twin Ponds a lot but the past few times I went it’s been closed. Including two days ago due to “government shutdown.”
And yet my tax dollars that pay for it are still being deducted from my paycheck, but that’s another story…

I’ve heard there’s a game warden there now that you have to check in with and there are all sorts of rules?

So I went to Boggy Head. That place a has a very old school feel about it, like Twin Ponds 1990.

Yep, Twin Ponds has a range safety officer now. There are rules at Boggy Head too…but to many people ignore them. I don’t need to use either anymore, but my taxes still pay for them too…:wink:

Not packing out trash (including targets) has always been the problem. It’s frustrating. I have (mostly) seen only safe gun handling.

“You have the right to the pursuit of happiness. You do not have a guarantee that you shall have it.”

Was going to stop on the way back home from Savannah Wednesday. but they would have ben closed for the holidays anyway. 12/24-1/2. Wife wanted to stop and shoot her new Christmas present. Pros & Conn’s with twin ponds. They close at 5. At 4:45 he’s got you packing up. Closed Sunday. If there’s not many people on the range. The range officer wants to talk and talk. Imagine that can be a pretty boring job. Super nice guy though. No drawing, no rapid fire/double tap. He keeps the place spotless. Boggy head a big mess most of the time. Majority of people clean up after themselves. But as usual few ruin it for everyone. They closed it down a while back because it was such a mess. I live in North Myrtle so most of the time I go to low country preserve. I think I just keep my taxes the whole time the government’s closed down.