Twin Ponds range

Does anyone know if the Twin Ponds range in the National Forest is open? I read where the Forest was going to shut it down for a few months starting last Fall to upgrade the range. I have checked their website but can’t find anything about it and would like to know before I drive all the way up there.

Thanks

j

It was open two weeks ago.

“Work is for people who don’t know how to fish”

Capt. Donnie Stoots
Low Country Inshore Expeditions
www.scinshorefishing.com

Heard today that it is closed for upgrades. Do not know the validity of that info…

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

I called one of the National Forest’s offices (should have done that to begin with) and they confirmed that Twin Ponds is closed until sometime in June. Upgrades are underway.

Boggy Head range is still open, though.

j

The Range and the roads going to it are closed, went through there Sunday, the Boggy Head Rifle Range had a line of people waiting both times I rode through. Wanted to go shooting but couldn’t fire a shot. The Wambaw OHV trails are closed due to flooding. Some of the other roads are muddy due to flooding and off-roaders. And there was an accident at hwy 402 and 17-N that shut everything down for more than an hour. Went to Daniel Island for dinner.