UNBELIEVABLE HUNT!!!!!!!!!!

So, my buddy told me to set up a spot at his place. We share a property line. I set up the spot Monday in the middle of the day, and I put my climber on a tree. One corn pile was at 95 yards and the other was at 152 yards straight in line with each other. I used the box blade on the tractor to slightly knock down just enough stuff to see well from above. Well, I climed the tree today at 4:30pm today, Friday. About 6:20pm I saw a deer to my left, but I only got a glimpse of it as it walked through the bushes. At 6:45pm, this buck walked out at 152 yards:

I settled the crosshairs on him and squeezed off. He hit the ground like a ton of bricks. So, I used my cord to send my treepod down, and I climbed down the tree safely. I started down the shooting lane that I made with the tractor, and the first part before the first corn pile was winding on purpose. As I cleared the bend about 40 yards or so before the first corn pile, I could see what I thought was my deer struggling to get up. So, I settled the crosshairs on his shoulder and let him have it again. He dropped. I got over there, and I had two bucks dead. While I was rounding the bend, the 7 point, apparently, starting fighting the dead 8 point. I thought I was shooting my original deer as a wounded deer. So, I ended up with one giant and one nice buck. I had to pri thier racks apart. I have never seen anything like that in my life except on TV…in Texas. Crazy!

Well done sir, first one’s a stud. Surely a hunt you won’t forget soon!

www.baturinphotography.com

Skeeter nicely done! I guess that’s what it takes to get a smile out of you:smiley:

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

Skeeter nicely done! I guess that’s what it takes to get a smile out of you:smiley:

Ohhhhh, you so funny!!! That will put a smile on anyone’s face!!!

2012 Skeeter ZX22 Bay
Yamaha 250 hp SHO
Minnkota Riptide 101

OK Skeet. That’s enough. You can’t shoot another one until I gert my first:smiley:
10 yrs ago, in the stand straight back from I-95 I shot what I thought was a doe. Since it was early in hunt, I stayed in stand and 30m min later I sa my deer moving. I realized it was another deer(9 pt) pushing the deer I shot (which turned out to be a 4 pt). I shot him and they fell nose to nose[img]

Hunting, fishing, and poker are my sports. Work when necessary.

Yeap. You are right. I’m pretty much hanging it up for the season. I will pop into my new spot every now and then, and I will sit with pop to point out one he can shoot. He has been having a hard time lately. Thursday, he shot a fawn thinking it was a big doe. I’m not sure how he can get them confused so easily in good light, but he sure is messing up these days. I will sit with him and help him out. Other than that, I have too much to pay in taxidermy fees now.

quote:
Originally posted by Partners-Ship

OK Skeet. That’s enough. You can’t shoot another one until I gert my first:smiley:
10 yrs ago, in the stand straight back from I-95 I shot what I thought was a doe. Since it was early in hunt, I stayed in stand and 30m min later I sa my deer moving. I realized it was another deer(9 pt) pushing the deer I shot (which turned out to be a 4 pt). I shot him and they fell nose to nose[img]

2012 Skeeter ZX22 Bay
Yamaha 250 hp SHO
Minnkota Riptide 101

WOW, you putting the smackdown on em!!

Good for you bud.

NN

www.joinrfa.org/

Fine pair of bucks there for sure :sunglasses:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:

Here ya go Easy.

great hunt!

I’m pretty much done with deer hunting now. If I get a notion, I might go a few more times, but I have killed enough of them this season. Now, I’m wearing out the trout. Caught at least 50 today, put back at least 25 legal fish, and kept a limit of 10. Man, it seems like I can do no wrong in the woodsw or the water this year.

2012 Skeeter ZX22 Bay
Yamaha 250 hp SHO
Minnkota Riptide 101

Sketter, you need to just stop hunting and fishing, or at least posting pictures, for the rest of the year! You’re going to give a lot of people an inferiority complex!:smiley:

Good grief, you told me about your ability to catch those trout. Proof is in the pics!

Good for you!

NN

www.joinrfa.org/

quote:

Sketter, you need to just stop hunting and fishing, or at least posting pictures, for the rest of the year! You’re going to give a lot of people an inferiority complex!:smiley:

I’m just having fun. Not trying to shame anyone or anything like that. For the first time ever, I got lucky this deer season. Trust me, my deer luck won’t always be good. The fish on the other hand, I can just about wear them out anytime the weather allows me to get after them. TROUT TIME now!!! After this rain passes over the next few days, I’ll be on them like white on rice. Then, I suppose I’ll have to go back to work because my vacation time will be over.

2012 Skeeter ZX22 Bay
Yamaha 250 hp SHO
Minnkota Riptide 101

Just remember Skeet that the only difference is that you helped me on my property this year.
So it is obvious that it is now required that you help me each year if you want to be lucky every year:smiley:

THAT’S a DEAL!!! Apparently, you bring me good luck!!! After seeing your place, I have a bunch of questions for you, and I could help you kill a monster more easily if you want to work on a strategy. Also, it would be better not to mess up his bedroom this year so close to deer season…meaning do the work earlier.

quote:
Originally posted by Partners-Ship

Just remember Skeet that the only difference is that you helped me on my property this year.
So it is obvious that it is now required that you help me each year if you want to be lucky every year:smiley:

2012 Skeeter ZX22 Bay
Yamaha 250 hp SHO
Minnkota Riptide 101

You are having a great year so far! Really quality Bucks! You’ve worked hard for those deer and I’m glad for you!:wink: I was impressed with all the work you put in on your property!

It would have been better if a one in a thousand year freaking flood did kill a portion of it. Next season was really what I was banking on anyway. SC Sportsman said they was gonna run the deer story. That will be pretty cool.

quote:

You are having a great year so far! Really quality Bucks! You’ve worked hard for those deer and I’m glad for you!:wink: I was impressed with all the work you put in on your property!

2012 Skeeter ZX22 Bay
Yamaha 250 hp SHO
Minnkota Riptide 101

http://www.southcarolinasportsman.com/details.php?id=4894

You’re famous