Upcoming Kayak Trip

I havent been out in charleston recently. I was thinking of taking a little trip with a friend starting at gadsenville landing and working our way towards capers with a buddy the next warm weekend. Has anyone had any success around there? or any tips you wouldn’t mind giving up?

This is a very nice and popular kayak area with a bit of every kind of habitat. In case you don’t know, the creek dries out within 1.5 hours or so of low tide, but the bottom is firm enough to walk out to deeper water if you don’t mind dragging a boat–just need appropriate footwear. I’ve had decent fishing in the creek mouths dumping off the sound with outgoing tide, and in some of the creeks at low tide this time of year. Nothing spectacular, but it has access to all the typical options. If you’re unfamiliar, take care going out across the sound on a falling tide. It is possible to get stuck out there.

G

That is a great area to fish but, as flyg said, you will be slogging through a couple hundred yards of pluff mud if you come back at low tide. This time of year, the water will be quite clear and you’ll actually see reds swim under your boat. Whether or not you’ll catch any is up to you. Another good area to check out is Paradise Landing.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Thanks for the tips. We planned to get to the landing a little more than two hours before low tide so hopefully we can launch without too much of a walk.

I hear a lot of people don’t really like that Gadsenville landing for a few reasons. I’m taking a buddy for his first trip in Charleston and want to put him on something. You think the upper wando would be a better option?

Paradise Landing is definitely easier getting in and out. No guarantee that either location will produce fish.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?