USA Women's Soccer

I don’t really watch soccer, but I’ve been noticing that USA teams have continued to get more competitive over the years. I figured we would eventually compete successfully on the world stage in soccer. Congratulations to the US Women’s team for winning the world title.

p.s. If you ever get a chance to watch a rerun of the “King of the Hill” episode where Bobby quits football and joins the soccer team, you have to watch it. It’s entertainment at its finest.

If you’re lucky enough to be fishing, you’re lucky enough.

Careful, you’ll get called a communist (or worse) posting pro-soccer stuff here.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

US women’s team is the only 3 time FIFA World Cup Champions (1991,1999,2015)

Key West 1720 115 HP Johnson Saltwater.

US Women are the best in the world. That final was a beat down. Now the men need to do some catching up.

I’m proud of them! You know what they say about payback! Besides, them was some ugly Jap girls, so they deserved to lose[:0]:wink::smiley: The best lookin one on the team was the Coach, and he was a he:face_with_head_bandage:

Wow, I didn’t even realize they had won the title before. Makes sense that the women would be ahead of the men. It’s a girl’s sport after all :slight_smile:

If you’re lucky enough to be fishing, you’re lucky enough.

I think it was 4 years ago, they lost to the Japs in the final, so it was pay back time:smiley:

The womens team has been fantastic. 4 gold and 1 silver in the last 5 Olympics. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_women's_national_soccer_team

Like Daniel said the men have some work to do. But they are up against the world and more importantly the Big 4 sports in the US that suck talent away. Soccer is gaining more popularity and we will start winning consistently at it soon enough.

First, Most, Biggest
I want to catch them all

Yep, three time international champions. Losing to Japan in the last women’s world cup in 2011 (the soccer world championship for men and women is only held every 4 years) and beating them this time was extra sweet.

Soccer is the only sport the world really competes in. To win at that is a big deal.

Being best in the world at basketball or (American) football or baseball means nothing globally.

Germany is the current men’s soccer champion. We beat their women’s team 2-0 a week or so ago in the semi-final.

“You have the right to the pursuit of happiness. You do not have a guarantee that you shall have it.”

It’s pretty incredible how quickly it’s taking off in the US. As MLS becomes a more established organization, we’ll be able to keep the majority of our top talent in the states and possibly start attracting some international talent early in their career. It’s only a matter of time really.

If they clean up diving in the international game it will only benefit the US. It just goes against American’s nature to try and draw penalties constantly.

^ except in the NBA

flopping like fish

First, Most, Biggest
I want to catch them all