Vacant Marina on wando

the one just above the 41 bridge, seems its been there for 5 years now, just sits, nice floating docks, no boats.
anyone know why it is not in use?

Owned by a local lawyer who is building an office there and venue for the future. Plan is to offer those slips to property owners when built out. There is a ships store there which I believe is open daily.

big dog

His dock permits were going to expire so he decided to put the marina in. The 41 bridge was supposed to be replaced years ago but they are just getting started. He knows the marina is basically non- usable until the bridge is replaced and height increased. They have big plans for that area with condo’s and retail shops. I heard a rumor of a large new public launch ramp in the area also.

Not a dumb move, probably would cost way more to build now. Even though there are no fish in the Wando, I wouldn’t mind having access there.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

DF, you see where they’re getting ramped up at blackbikerweek?

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/may/24/bikefest-south-carolina-black-bike-week

That article is true but not accurate. This was my 14th and I can honestly say, I had more people thank me for being there this time than I have the 13 previous events. There will always be complainers but this was amuch safer event than years past.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

Both biker rallies can go somewhere as far as I’m concerned.