Vehicles w trailers towed at Shem Creek

Craven’s towing out of west ashley

Mahi Magic
Charleston SC

quote:
Originally posted by graceandhayes

Just wondering if the fine the towing company had to pay was more or less than they amount they collected from all the trucks and trailers they towed. Probably not, and probably not much of a deterrent if they still made a profit on their illegal tows. Hoping the lawsuits are successful for these boat owners, and it makes sure this company never thinks of doing this again. Wondering when the Town of Mt Pleasant is going to do something to help boaters who use this ramp. The parking is a joke and totally inadequate. More public boat ramps and more parking at the ramps needed, and I don’t even own a boat.

quote:
Originally posted by sellsfish

Looks like the towing company did not have a business license to work in Mount
Pleasant. Should be a very nice lawsuit against them.
http://m.live5news.com/live5news/db_348384/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=5jxnS9pn

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

But I thought we needed to save shem creek!!! Less parking not more!!

First, Most, Biggest

I had save Shem creek stickers and all on my truck before but it’s to late for Shem creek there is no saving it!

Mahi Magic
Charleston SC

quote:
Originally posted by crabberRon

Craven’s towing out of west ashley

Thanks. I believe its important to identify these businesses. Might help in the future.

They have nothing but bad reveiws

Mahi Magic
Charleston SC

quote:

They have nothing but bad reveiws

Mahi Magic
Charleston SC

Does any towing company get “good” reviews?

Annoy a Liberal, Work Hard and Be Happy!

not all tow company’s are bad by no means. But this one is beyond wrong

Mahi Magic
Charleston SC

1st clue is someone mentioning a cash fine, you would never see that coming out my back pocket, sounds like a huge scam. I hope they get what’s coming to them. Its not the first time a tow company has been sued in the Charleston area, it just happened in Summerville in the last year.

2016 Skimmer Skiff 16’ 20hp Tohati 4 stroke

City of my pleasent toke him to court with all of us towed that day. He was found guilty and has to pay all the money back plus the fine from the city or spend 30 days in jail . The company did not have a mt pleasent business license.
Y’all watch out and tell your freinds not to park in the wrong parking lot because it may happen again

Mahi Magic
Charleston SC

quote:

City of my pleasent toke him to court with all of us towed that day. He was found guilty and has to pay all the money back plus the fine from the city or spend 30 days in jail . The company did not have a mt pleasent business license.
Y’all watch out and tell your freinds not to park in the wrong parking lot because it may happen again

Mahi Magic
Charleston SC

Im glad everyone got justice. Thank you mount pleasant officials

quote:

Mahi Magic
Charleston SC

They should make him pay back double what he collected to everyone for all the BS you had to go through!!

One Simple Thanks!!

http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

quote:
Originally posted by pitviper0404

They should make him pay back double what he collected to everyone for all the BS you had to go through!!

If you behave like this in rental properties, you have to pay “treble” as in 3x… that should skewer that d-head.

BG

quote:
Originally posted by TheMechanic
quote:

Mahi Magic
Charleston SC

Im glad everyone got justice. Thank you mount pleasant officials

In my opinion, returning the money to the people is not enough justice. 700 dollars is more than a paycheck for many folks and probably caused hardship. As someone already said, if you try and pull something like this in rental properties (withholding deposit from tenant without cause) you are liable for triple the deposit.

I agree, he should be paying triple AND his business license from the other county revoked. I was just saying im glad they AT LEAST refunded the money.

Not only is the money an issue, but what about the people who had the family with them (like kids). Thats not a good situation to show back up at the dock with your kids that have been in the heat all day, only to find that your car had been towed. i could only imagine the hassle of having to find some where to park your boat while you find a ride or a taxi to go get your vehicle, all while your kids are stuck in the heat.

quote:
i could only imagine the hassle of having to find some where to park your boat while you find a ride or a taxi to go get your vehicle, all while your kids are stuck in the heat.

Along with a couple of big, hot, wet dogs, that would be a real PITA. I’d call a lawyer.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

That tow company owner should be BOAR HOGGED!

ZX

Update: the owner of the tow company appealed the ruling so we have to go to court again to get justice just wasting more time and money!!

Mahi Magic
Charleston SC

Folks, this just goes to show you we must demand from DNR, state, county and city politician’s more boat ramps, with ample parking. With pen in hand, and phone in ear we must demand a few thing’s for the good of the taxpayer’s. Tell them it’s a giveaway program and they will be on it. Tight lines.