Venice, Louisiana

Hello, I am planning a trip to Venice in June. I would appreciate any and all information and suggestions as to who, what and where to contact and stay while there. We’re looking for lodging and a guide for at least one day. We will then fish on our own the other days.
Thanks, I look forward to hearing from as many people as possible who have been and experienced great fishing in Venice.

We are going in July.

Contact Scott Sullivan (228-324-4111) with Mexican Gulf Fishing Company (MGFC)

He as a brand new 39 SeaVee with trip 350s. They offer the total package, fishing, lodging, food etc. If Scott can not take you one of the other great captains can. A good number of the MGFC captains run Charlestons own Freeman Cat.

You will not go wrong with them

Set the trap boys, we going to pass through them again!!

Contact Capt. Shawn Lanier. He is my Uncle and an excellent guide. His web site is FishOn-guideservice.com. Take a look at his last report from Feb 13th. You’ll be impressed. Tell him his nephew Christopher told you about him. Might get you a deal.

check pm

MGFC, scott, frist class outfit will take care of everything. have fished with them sevral times!I would not haul my boat down there with the price of fuel,(calling for $5.00@GAL by then)$1200 fuel for the F250 last time with no boat(split 6 ways) they will put you on the fish if it can be done, with the weather there are to many varibales to contend with. last trip 6 of us went for 2 days fishing, under $1000 each, thats fuel from Chas. round trip, food, accomadations, charter, tip and we all came home with 100lbs of tuna steaks each! awesome trip. s4gs can hook you with a houseboat, charter picks u up at the back door!

If it got any better I couldn’t stand it.

NBCPETacher we took a trip down there the year after Katrina had hit. The only lodging at the time was in a bunch of FEMA trailers which I would not recommend to anyone. I am not sure but I think the charter we used was Sea Strike Charters. At the time a hotel was being built adjacent to the marina. I am sure that it is complete now and probably your best choice for lodging. The fishing was fantastic. We were down there to catch Tuna on one of the bumps off shore and had a great time. We were fishing 2 32 foot catamarans. If I can find the information about the charter company I will post it in this thread.

38 Edgewater
Edisto Island, SC

Just got back on Wednesday from a trip to Venice. Mexican Gulf Fishing Company - Captain Scott Sullivan…Had a blast…caught mostly yellowfin and blackfin tuna. The yellow fins were awesome, caught a few 100# plus…The 39 ft SeeVee with triple 350s is a awesome boat. Ask Scott to hook you up with accomodations as well, they have a nice house boat that will handle 4-6 people easy.
Its a 12 hour drive from Columbia to Venice, I would suggest fishing a minimum of two days…

quote:
Originally posted by Zebco

Just got back on Wednesday from a trip to Venice. Mexican Gulf Fishing Company - Captain Scott Sullivan…Had a blast…caught mostly yellowfin and blackfin tuna. The yellow fins were awesome, caught a few 100# plus…The 39 ft SeeVee with triple 350s is a awesome boat. Ask Scott to hook you up with accomodations as well, they have a nice house boat that will handle 4-6 people easy.
Its a 12 hour drive from Columbia to Venice, I would suggest fishing a minimum of two days…

Were you qirh Lake Murry Viper? I am looking forward to seeing the pictures from your trip!

Yeah LM Viper was in our group…I fought a large YFT for 1 hr and 45 min…hook pulled out at the boat…Have it on video…kind of a quiet ride back to the dock afterwards…Had some issues with Makos eating at the boat…as seen with the top blackfin.

If it got any better I couldn’t stand it.
[/quote]

Who’s the good lookin dude in the green shirt? He looks like he’s ready to go back…

My advice is my opinion only. I may have gotten that opinion from something I read while sitting on the toilet. Please keep that in mind when reading my posts, the information may not be correct.

quote:
Originally posted by Zebco

Pics will be forthcoming soon.

Still waiting…

Contact Bitesize on here. His dad is part owner of the Venice Marina.

21 Contender