Very sad passing to report.

Many of you knew my former store manager Jason Dunn. Last week he was brutally beaten and run over in a parking lot of a bar in Myrtle Beach. Jason came from Goosecreek, he was a commercial fisherman for most of his life. You would always see Jason in his white boots, with a big smile on his face. I have known him for better than 20 years. He passed away this morning.

Sucks man. WTH is wrong with people nowadays that they can take a life so easily?

Sad to hear. I heard he was trying to break up a bar fight and was hurt in the process…sucks to hear. Sorry for your loss.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

Sorry to hear this.

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

sorry for your loss. i hope they catch the guys that did this.

quote:
Originally posted by TheMechanic

They did.

Paul, I’m really sorry to hear this! I met him once at the store and he was a nice guy!

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:
Originally posted by TheMechanic

They did.

good

not cool…sorry for your loss.

That’s terrible. Sorry to hear that.

Wow, I saw that story, did not realize who he was. Very sorry to hear that. I hope they punish the offenders to the fullest extent of the law.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article126105014.html

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

Paul,
I’m sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I remember speaking to him at the store. He was always very friendly and helpful. RIP.

That is a shame,gotta wonder why God choses some of the best and lets all the scum run through the rain drops. Sorry for your loss of a true friend.

Sorry to hear that Paul. I believe Jason is the one that told me to put your smoked Salmon on a veggie subway sandwich. Great advice he gave.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

WOW!!.. He cut me many pieces of smoked salmon and tuna for sushi. Bastards.

Sorry to hear this. I dealt with him on several occasions at the store. Seemed to be too good a guy for this to happen to.

Thanks everybody. I will be posting funeral arrangements as I get them. We are asking all commercial fisherman and Waterman to wear your white boots to both events

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

Michael Jason Dunn, 44, of Murrells Inlet, SC, died Wednesday, January 18, 2017. The Liturgy of Christian Burial will be held Tuesday, January 24, 2017 in the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, 510 St. James Avenue at 11:00 am. Prayers of Final Commendation and Farewell will follow at Carolina Memorial Park. The family will receive friends Monday from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm in J. Henry Stuhr, Inc., Northwoods Chapel, 2180 Greenridge Road.
Jason was born August 26, 1972 in Charleston, SC, son of Gladys Lee Heitzler and the late Laurence M. Dunn. He was a 1991 graduate of Stratford High School. Jason was a commercial fisherman and worked at the Seven Seas Seafood Market in Murrells Inlet, SC. He was an outdoorsman, a very charismatic person who never met a stranger. He was well respected by all who knew him.

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

What a shame nice guy met him at Phils shocking what people will do.