Virgina Ave/NCFC/Hess Landing

I wanted to give everyone that uses this landing a heads-up that the dock is now off-limits. I noticed this on Sunday afternoon when I attempted to fish. I fish solo a bunch so without the use of the dock this landing is useless to me. I’ve contacted Fern this morning to get an update and will let everyone know what I hear back.

Dave

2000 SeaPro 170CC
Yamaha 90 2-smoke

I havent been to that landing in many years. and the dock was iffy then. One of the reasons I’m no longer a member

Good thing. That was a lawsuit waiting to happen. I have used the landing but not the dock for several months. It was too dangerous IMO

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com | www.summervillesaltwateranglers.com
Personal Trout Slot Limit: 16"-20" Creel: 2

I’ve been sliding over my bow for a while now, maybe they will fix it! (Fingers crossed)

quote:
Originally posted by penfishn around every bend theres the promise of a treasure that can only be caught and seen in a blink.. and in your minds eye..and sometimes if youre lucky..in a picture..its there for just a minute...then gone..but hopefully once youve seen it it will remain in your heart forever. Theres nothing like the "Smell" and sounds of the creek. Its not just one thing that makes it familiar..its all of it.

I suspect the days of ncfc are numbered. I hope not

I know my buddy used to put in there and tried to talk to the owners for years about getting it fixed and they never did a thing. Needless to say he stopped using it…

“mr keys”

Fern was quick with a response yesterday afternoon. She informed me that Hess has sold the property and she is waiting for the opportunity to speak with the new owners. That discussion will determine the fate of using the landing. She mentioned that the dock would be rebuilt if NCFC is allowed to continue using the landing. Information will be send as soon as she has an update.

Yes Optiker, fingers crossed.

Dave

2000 SeaPro 170CC
Yamaha 90 2-smoke

Thanks for the unpate Superdave. If they put a new dock I might join again.

A floater would be nice :wink: Hey, a guy can wish can’t he??

Not a member but, have put in there with a friend. Great jumping off point for that area. A new dock would be nice, that existing one is a bit scary.

“Apathy is the Glove in Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

Don’t know if this is the gospel but the word I got is if the lease is renewed which should know in a month or so . That some improvements are possible . Keep your fingers crossed

Don’t know if this is the gospel but the word I got is if the lease is renewed which should know in a month or so . That some improvements are possible . Keep your fingers crossed

I’d bet a dollar the new owners won’t go for it. Those days are past I believe. No one can afford to be nice anymore.

I hope I’m wrong, though. The Cooper NEEDS decent access below 526. It would be nice if someone donated one of those long abandoned parcels in Shipyard Creek and DNR put a landing in there. Get some kind of value out of that land rape.

Vinman
“Every saint has a past, every sinner a future”
www.summervillesaltwateranglers.com
2011 Carolina Skiff 178DLV
90 HP Honda

X2 Vinman!

“you win some, you lose some…but nothing beats getting some!”

Plans for a landing at south end of the old base was to be in shipyard creek but got shot down a couple years ago by the plant on the other side of the creek. Said it would create too much traffic in and out.

1720 KW 110 Johnson
16’ Bonito 65 Johnson

The old landing on the old navy base could be upgraded, it would cost a lot. There could be ample parking spaces made available.
I know money is tight, however, the fishing and water sports community needs some help. Keep contacting all the politican’s until we have new access to the lower Cooper river.

quote:
Originally posted by corkman

The old landing on the old navy base could be upgraded, it would cost a lot. There could be ample parking spaces made available.
I know money is tight, however, the fishing and water sports community needs some help. Keep contacting all the politican’s until we have new access to the lower Cooper river.

There is no ramp on the Navy base anymore. The old seaplane ramp is mow under tons of earth where the new port is being built

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

quote:
Originally posted by carolinacoot

Plans for a landing at south end of the old base was to be in shipyard creek but got shot down a couple years ago by the plant on the other side of the creek. Said it would create too much traffic in and out.

1720 KW 110 Johnson
16’ Bonito 65 Johnson

dangerous to be in there when tugs are spinning a ship

Dock or no dock I still would like the landing to stay open so I can join. A nice dock would be awesome there though! Wish they could pave that road also. :slight_smile:

Sundance K16

The answer here is to get in touch with your representatives about getting some federal funding for a new ramp. Did you know that the City Marina just got a multi-million dollar federal grant to help extend the Megadock? That grant money is funded by excise tax money that fishing tackle manufacturers are required to pay on everything they sell (bet you didn’t know that). The fund is supposed to promote public access to boating. Not sure how extending the Megadock does that. I guess it’s all about who you know.