VISIPole - shamelss plug for a product I like

Guys
I just got a VISIPole from YAKATTACK.us. For those of you who don’t know YAKATTACK is a fairly new company owned and operated by a real yak fisherman. http://www.yakattack.us/

It’s a great product that impressed me immediately. Here’s what I liked about it. You have to remember that I had a minimag shoved into a piece of PVC tube with a Walmart replacement cone as my 360° light… Afterall, I am one of the homemade gear guys, right??? :smiley:
The VISIPole weighs about 2x as much as my rig, but it’s a lot brighter, stiffer, includes SOLAS tape and a bright orange flag, so I don’t mind the slight tradeoff in weight.

The light is REALLY bright. It’s a TekTite marker light powered by 3 AAA batteries. I haven’t had it on for very long, but it’s advertised as 100 hours from a set of batteries. Not too shabby

The flag is a fade resistant BLAZE ORANGE flag. It clips to the VISIPole, so you can keep it, remove it, or substitute your own creation.

I have the standard version, so it has 2 blaze orange stripes, one on each side of a USCG SOLAS stripe. The PATRIOT version uses red reflective tape in place of the blaze orange and an American flag.:sunglasses:

The quiet slip mount is a foam sleeve that slips snugly into a rod holder. You can get an optional mount that attaches to a Scotty base.

I like it because I don’t want to get run over by some idiot in a stinkpot. Anything I can do to be seen is a good thing.:smiley::smiley::smiley:
I’ll post pics tonight.

Do me a favor and tell Luther Too Busy sent ya. He’s a good guy with great yak safety products.

There is nothing - absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Kenneth Grahame

I just one as well. Very impressed with it so far. Since we do a lot of night fishing up here on the Chesapeake Bay being visible at night is very important.

Pics as promised
Looks goo on the yak doesn’t it?

dark closet, light on, no flash

Dark closet, light on, flash

Dark closet, light off, flash

There is nothing - absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Kenneth Grahame

This really is a great product. I’ve only been yakking since October and I’ve already been knocked out of my boat by some jack a** who didn’t bother with the “no wake zone” signs.

I’m buying one asap.

Hey, do you think the owner could build some lights for gigging? Seriously, I’d love to do that from a yak but I have not seen anywhere that makes a product that makes this possible. I could get up on my knees with my SOT yak and stab fish, but I can’t see them!

I have a 2 Hobie outback fishing kayaks and have been working on a lighting system for gigging. Call me if you like maybe the two of us can come up with a great solution. 843-270-4210 Thanks, Harold

Looks like a great product. I love the flag. I went spear fishing on my Hobie outback. I would have loved to put the dive flag up. If any one would like to buy some maybe we can save on shipping. Give me a call 270-4210 Thanks, Harold

I’ll give Luther a call and talk to him about gigging lights. The TekTite is waterproof, so it should be managable. I’ll ask about a group buy if you guys are interested.

I will buy two if some one is placeing an order.

So how much are we talking here, on the price?

$65 for the lighted pole w/ an orange flag just as you see it on my yak.
$55 w/o a flag