Waccamaw River and winyah bay help

Hello,

I have family in the pawleys island area now and we have a new pioneer 20 foot islander boat. It is being kept at the marina at the reserve for now. I am looking for help fishing the waccamaw and winyah bay area. I would love to catch a tarpon or 2 in the river and I’m sure Winyah bay is good fishing too. All I have caught so far is stingrays. Also does anyone know a good guide in this area? I have considered the guide thing as well. I grew up in columbia and have a bass boat and have been fishing for largemouth and striper for the last 20 years in freshwater. This saltwater stuff is new to me. Any help is appreciated.

Can’t really help you with a guide.But If you’re going to spend the money for a tarpon guide I would wait till August Early September. You can find a few now August, September are the prime times for tarpon.
Get a hotspot chart. It will show you a lot of the commonly known spots and you can expand from there.

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

I was not necessarly talking about a Tarpon guide but just a guide in general. I want to learn the area so drum, trout, tarpon, or even bass or striper. Any help is appreciated.

Never fished with him .Captain Tommy.I’ve talked to him a few times at the gas station and a couple times at the landing seems to be a super nice guy and he’s been around forever.

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.