Wading for Trout

Had some buddies come go fishing with me last week. We had a banner week on trout. All caught wading and tight lining plastic.

Harold Wilcox www.haroldshogwash.com
2 Likes

When I grow up I want to be a lot like HW.

Living the dream

1 Like

Your the man!

1 Like

Welcome back Mr. Hogwash, fine reporting as usual. What was the go-to color this trip?

2 Likes

Holy smokes :fire:

How can I get on one of these wading trips? Looks like a great time!

What kind of plastics do you use?

1 Like

There are two plastics I use. Egret Baits make a 1/4 oz. Vudu Vixen white with chartreuse tail. It’s my go to bait. A close second is the Matrix Green Hornet. I fish it on a 3/8 Death Grip jig head. I really like the 3/8 oz. when current is running strong and/or when I’m fishing out of my boat in water 10’-20’ deep. I can tight line the 3/8 oz. and feel it better than the 1/4 oz.

1 Like

Hi, Snickers.
For my preferred plastics and colors, see my reply to StumpKnocker. While those are my favs, I acknowledge that everyone has their favorites, and they all catch fish.
As for how to get in on that action, if you’ve never done it, I suggest getting a guide or go with someone with experience. Wading is my favorite method, by far!!!

I find myself living vicariously through those that fish. Looks like great fun.

2 Likes

This needs some perspective HW… Was this in LA? If so, whole different ball game…

2 Likes

Yes, it was in LA. Most folks know that I have a fish camp there in Venice, LA. Also, that’s obviously more than an SC limit. The guys who were with me live here in SC. I’m here in SC now where I grew up on Lake Marion.
Several years ago when folks said they couldn’t catch trout like that here in SC, I came over with a buddy here, caught a limit of good uns, and posted the photo of me in the water with my fish.

Harold Wilcox

HW, yes most do know about you… However, sometimes it’s better to let folks (newbies) know where, so they don’t get the wrong idea… Some folks wouldn’t even say anything and think negatively of you, which is what I was trying to prevent with my question…

Thanks for the report, and yes, I saw the ones you caught in SC… Wade & surf fishing are prolly my favorite methods…

1 Like