Wando Boat Landing On Hwy 41

Guys, I always fish the Wando when I come down to CHarleston and I put in at Remley’s and make the long ride up. Is the landing at the hwy 41 bridge private or public?

private

you could go N on 17 and put in @ paradise island

private and expensive and long wait list

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com | www.summervillesaltwateranglers.com

Unless you know someone…

www.baturinphotography.com

Lots of fish on the lower end of the Wando!!!

The landing is private but no waiting list and not very expensive it costs me roughly a dollar a day $375.00 per year. Its run by Joe Sharp (Atlantis Marine) you can contact him at 843-856-0225.

What size is your boat? Paradise island can be tricky especially at or near low tide.

quote:
Originally posted by Optiker

private and expensive and long wait list

2005 180 Flats Fox w/115 Yamaha 4 stroke
1996 1436 War Eagle w/25 Evinrude 2 stroke

Thanks for setting us straight DDS. It’s something I had always heard around town. Should have checked my facts first! Good to talk to you today

No fish up thar

Thanks guys. I have a 17 ft aluminum boat. I think I will just keep riding up.

And their are plenty of fish up there…

Its Paradise landing, not paradise Island as that is private as well. That landing will do just fine for your size boat. Joe Sharp is a good guy

Local Boy, Just having fun.

There are 2 dif ‘marinas’ behind that gas station correct? Only one has a ramp? Or do I see it wrong from the bridge?!

“you win some, you lose some…but nothing beats getting some!”

quote:
Originally posted by Upstate Pirate

With a ramp there, why would you want to continue putting in at Remley’s?

quote:
Originally posted by StumpNocker

There are 2 dif ‘marinas’ behind that gas station correct? Only one has a ramp? Or do I see it wrong from the bridge?!

“you win some, you lose some…but nothing beats getting some!”

Your right, but the boat storage/ramp is and has been operational for a long long time. The “Marina” is Wando River Marina and was built last year and to the best of my knowledge is not operational. I have called and left messages to find out if he’s selling or leasing slips etc… and never get a response… No boats ever at the dock’s either!

Cape fisherman, I chose to ride up because I would rather not spend $375 a year on a boat ramp I’m going to use 4 or 5 times a year. Cheaper for me to ride up.

So you don’t want to us the paradise ramp for free…that’s cool.

Never tried it, heard there were a lot of oyster beds etc.

quote:
Originally posted by cape_fisherman
quote:
Originally posted by Upstate Pirate

With a ramp there, why would you want to continue putting in at Remley’s?

Probably that smooth, relaxing ride back to Remleys when the tide is falling and the wind is rising!:face_with_head_bandage::smiley:

Vinman
“Every saint has a past, every sinner a future”
www.summervillesaltwateranglers.com
2011 Carolina Skiff 178DLV
90 HP Honda

there is a lot of oyster beds at paradise and it is very shallow but I have put my 17 ft key west in there at low with no problems, haven’t tried my new boat but its a flats boat so it would be fine. However its just as expensive to run up the river as it is to go to paradise, that ramp is a solid 45 min drive for anyone not living in mount p, i live in sville and its a long drive.

2009 Pro-lite 18 Flats
115 Suzuki 4 stroke