Wando Reds 9/4

Headed out today a couple of hours before lowtide with my neighbor to fish the incoming. The weather was great a little warm with no wind at all. We could see a storm off in the distance but it wasn’t headed are way so off we went. We ran to a small creek thats close to the area I wanted to fish to find some bait. No problem at all the creeks are so full of shrimp and small mullet a couple of casts and the livewell was already overcrowded. We got to the first spot and hadn’t even got ourselves situated before the small redfish started in on our baits. We must of caught a dozen of them 12" to 15" in thirty minutes. Then finaly a few slot sized fish showed up we missed a couple and caught a couple put one in the cooler for my buddy who wanted one for dinner. The bite slowed up just before the slack lowtide so we moved to another area thats been productive lately. They were there again we pulled up and before I could cut the boat off I saw a few fish that we spooked up swimming down the bank. I anchored us up and we started fishing it took a few minutes then it was on. We ended up catching several more small redfish and eight overslot 27" to 31". It was another great afternoon of fishing I think I’m going to have to do it again tomorrow.:smiley:

[img]http://old.charlestonfishing.com/forum/upload

Nice reds!

“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”

Benjamin Franklin

Malibu Stealth 12 with Lowrance Mark 4 Fishfinder/GPS
Perception Access Angler

Very nice. What were you catching them on?

01 Hewes Redfisher, 90 Yam 2 Strk

Looks like that storm was moving in on ya! Good job on the reds

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com | www.summervillesaltwateranglers.com

nice work dog, good story and love hearing about bait casting - get some more good shots tomorrow of reds - all if u can snap em - maybe some more with multispots and open mouth. also some pointed twd camera. also some shots of the bait on the floor. check.

The Wando is about the only place I have been finding some clean water lately; green, not stained brown.

“Don’t tell fish stories where people know you; but particularly, don’t tell them where they know the fish.” Mark Twain

quote:
Originally posted by Optiker

Looks like that storm was moving in on ya! Good job on the reds

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com | www.summervillesaltwateranglers.com

Optiker, It looks that way but it just missed us. We watched it for an hour and almost ran for the hill I’m glad we didn’t.

Coastal, We were using live shrimp and mullet on a Carolina rig.

2005 180 Flats Fox w/115 Yamaha 4 stroke
1996 1436 War Eagle w/25 Evinrude 2 stroke

Nice. Great pics & fish.