Wappoo cut no wake zone

I haven’t been through wappoo cut in 3 months and as I came from the harbor I see the no wake buoys from the bridge to that creek past the crab house. coming from the Ashley river I go through the marinas “no wake” zone right into the cut “no wake” zone. Takes me an hour just to get to the stono! I guess if my dock was on that stretch I would be happy, but I don’t see myself going to the Stono again anytime soon. It must be fairly new because a police boat pulled over a guy flying past me. I figured it was new to him too.

B.O.A.T. Bust Out Another Thousand!

2016 Sea Pro 219

It may be like what they do near the IOP marina and extend the NW Zone during the summer. Prevents jet skis and watersports idiots from zooming all around the narrow canals.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

I think DNR instituted that change back in the spring, May or so. There were notifications about the change in the paper and on this site. I think it’s going to be year round…gotta get used to it!

quote:
Originally posted by hammurred

I guess if my dock was on that stretch I would be happy, but I don’t see myself going to the Stono again anytime soon.

And now you have given all around Wappoo cut a reason to smile. By the way, I dislike a lot of the No-wake areas too.

“Why Bruce?”

I wonder if you hauled tail through a No Wake zone and made less of a wake than at idle speed it Dnr would ticket you?

“Why Bruce?”

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67

I wonder if you hauled tail through a No Wake zone and made less of a wake than at idle speed it Dnr would ticket you?

“Why Bruce?”

In that no wake zone, I’d bet yes. I don’t think that zone is there to reduce wakes. I think it’s probably there to reduce traffic and the risk of collision. Wappoo Cut is a mad house some weekends. Sometimes its saturated with boats and there’ll still be some idiot towing a kid on a plastic banana.

Didn’t used to be in favor of a boat driver’s license. Anymore, I’m all in favor. Waterways are getting more and more congested with people who either have no home training or don’t remember what training they got.

17’ Henry O Hornet w/ Johnson 88 spl
26’ Palmer Scott project hull
14’ Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67

“Why Bruce?”

Yes, because several of them don’t understand the rules either.

[:0]

While we at it (slow speeds), on the news the other night they mentioned the DNR guy who hit the pontoon on Keowee was ticked for reckless boat handeling. Don.t know how that will help!

They put it in place to slow down the boats going through there. Apparently it is one of the busiest stretches in the state.

I will slow down from before Wappoo landing to the fire station landing but I don’t care what they say I will haul tail through the actual cut during a rolling tide… Give me a ticket. It’s cheaper than fixing my fiberglass from being sloshed into the rocks!

-Regulator 28fs “----”
-Albemarle 248xf for sale
-Dolphin 18BC Pro
-Miscellaneous boats
“Everybody dances when shotgun sings” Stewart and Winfield