Watch your step this summer....

This was Sunday…and he saw me waaaaay before I saw him. Didn’t pick him out until I was about three feet from him. Never rattled once.

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

Good grief!!! Snakes are carrying sidearms now?

And I expect, you think we are expected to think, you got him 1 shot? How many? I think I can count at least 4? Sellsfish, I have a 410 I’ll sell you:wink:

Sooo…

You then put that firearm to good use, didn’t you?

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

Nevermind, I see at least one hole. Well done, sir.

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

That’s why I carry a .357 revolver around the house in the summer, instead of the auto. The revolver will handle shot shells and pretty much guarantees a dead snake. The 9mm with me shooting it, not so much[:I]

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Younger canebrake.

This is the one I told you about yesterday.

I now wear snake boots until it frosts a few times.

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

I would like to buy a “snake Charmer” if you know of one for sale. Had one, gave it to my son.

People will forget what you said…
People will forget what you did…
But people will never forget how you made them feel.

Capt. Justin

He was all coiled up when I stumbled upon him. The first shot got him in the face from 10 feet away, but the next two were just to make me feel better. That stupid thing was still moving and rattling an hour later.

The only thing creepier than a rattlesnake rattling at you is one rattling without a head.

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

He was all coiled up when I stumbled upon him. The first shot got him in the face from 10 feet away, but the next two were just to make me feel better. That stupid thing was still moving and rattling an hour later.

The only thing creepier than a rattlesnake rattling at you is one rattling without a head.

Just doing the math here. He was 3 feet away when you first saw him and the first shot was from 10 ft away. I bet that 7 ft jump was in a single bound. Just glad you got him before he got you.

2013 Tidewater 180CC
115 Yamaha

quote:
Originally posted by gregsc
quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

Just doing the math here. He was 3 feet away when you first saw him and the first shot was from 10 ft away. I bet that 7 ft jump was in a single bound. Just glad you got him before he got you.

2013 Tidewater 180CC
115 Yamaha

Thank you for leaving out the part where I screamed like a little girl!

I literally stepped on a 6’ canebrake two years ago. Had snake boots on but thank God he had a squirrel half way down his mouth. He never finished that squirrel.

Why kill them if you see them and can get around one?

Mark
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

Oh oh, get the popcorn.

quote:
Originally posted by saltydog235

Why kill them if you see them and can get around one?

Because rattlesnake.

I just don’t kill them unless I have to. Rattlers at least warn you most of the time, been a while since I felt the need. I’ve killed a few copperheads around the house but, I have kids there.

Mark

I only kill them around the house, mostly worried about the dogs and the wife. I’d never kill one in the woods hunting. They live there, I don’t. I don’t kill anything that doesn’t need killing, not even rattlesnakes.

quote:
Thank you for leaving out the part where I screamed like a little girl!

I’ve done that too :smiley: Nothing to be ashamed of :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

I leave them alone for the most part. I’ve been seeing this one on the game cam for the past two weeks. It was apparent that he wasn’t living far away from a spot I frequently walk. Sooner or later I was going to step on him. It was only a matter of time. He had to go. If it makes people feel better, I gave that nasty old thing to a neighbor and he was ecstatic that he had fresh rattlesnake for dinner.

Man, must be the season. My sister had a large rat snake on her carport last week and we found good sized black snake Friday under the boat and a rat snake Saturday by the pool. I’ll take those any day over a rattler. Which, does not always rattle before striking. If they are startled they will strike and then rattle. I’ve seen it happen.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.