Water treatment systems

Any recommendations?

Anyone have a Kinetico system? Been talking with area rep Mark Latini who seems like a straight up dude.

Thanks

My son had Kinetico and liked it, uses lots of salt for purification. If you have blood pressure problems, those systems could aggravate it. You could stop using salt otherwise, and may be ok?

Never heard of water softener system affecting blood pressure? Do you have any scientific studies you could provide?

But overall he likes the Kinetic system? Is his power or non- powered?

Thanks

wish I could help bay. How deep did you end up with your well?

60’ having trouble with ferrous iron and calcium
Iron leaving black residue in toilet bowls
Calcium is fouling hot water heater

Went to home show Saturday in N Charleston and got 3 companies coming to quote their systems

Bay, when I was growing up, parents had water softener in basement. The Culligan man would deliver bags every so often and dad would put them in a pretty good sized plastic tank. Maybe 35 or 40 gallons. I was very young and don’t know how that contraption worked…don’t recall anyone saying it tasted salty. This was late 60’s thru 70’s.

What I can say for a fact is, bath or shower in soft water vs hard water and it’s a big difference!

With todays advancements regarding this, seems like a good idea.

Perhaps ask them about what has changed over the years, and sodium intake.

All I got

NN

2 companies said they use salt and the other company uses hydrogen peroxide they say the salt softens the water and their other tanks clean out the other impurities

I got an Ispring whole house system now but still have crap getting through all these companies say they can fix it but it’ll take 3 to 6k to find out

That was 15 years ago, don’t remember.

Salt abundance in any form affects blood pressure.

He was young, and didn’t have any problem I know of, but over 50 or so we need to cut down on salt consumption.

Pricey test for sure. I’ll ask around, but don’t jump on that ship just yet. IMO.

Easy, you make me wonder now about the sodium level in any treated water. Be it from any source outside of your own well.

NN

1 Like

Outside of naming names, show me a recent study disavowing salt in your diet?

Bet you can’t live without it…

Either you prescribe to big pharma, or not!

HFCS…

There you go!

Salt is good.

I said ““abundance of salt””, you know that is true.

PURIFIED water is purified by salt, and I only drink purified water, but I nor my wife have used salt for seasoning for over 40 years, on advice of doctors, especially heart doctors.

Pulled the trigger on a system from Quality Life Solutions out of Columbia should be installed next week hope it works as great as they say