waypoint

While catching fish off a hump at Clark Hill a strange boat came up to me within 5’ and punched in my waypoint and left! Any one ever experenced this?

Proline 201WA
Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon)
Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson

quote:
Originally posted by boatpoor

While catching fish off a hump at Clark Hill a strange boat came up to me within 5’ and punched in my waypoint and left! Any one ever experenced this?

Sorry, I didn’t mean to get so close…

'07 198 DLX Carolina Skiff
DF90 Suzuki

Yes…almost every weekend on murray…its just how it is now.

“All fisherman lie. And if they say otherwise, then they’re lying”

21’ Hewes Craft Custom
140 Suzuki

USCG Licensed Captain
Sea~N~Stripes Guide Service

That would warrant a Ben Parker Spoon cast to their head.

quote:
Originally posted by Murrymaker

Yes…almost every weekend on murray…its just how it is now.

21’ Hewes Craft Custom
140 Suzuki

USCG Licensed Captain

I don’t get it.

I can see it more off the coast with people looking for live bottom, but really doesn’t make much sense on the lake these days. If they are fishing and have a GPS, they more than likely have a lake chip or integrated contour map. It’s pretty obvious what hump someone if fishing without having to get right up on them.

'07 198 DLX Carolina Skiff
DF90 Suzuki

I agree tim…i can run down the lake and see a boat off in the distance and can almost tell what hump they are sitting on…

But after being on and off peoples boat for a couple yrs now you would be shocked at how many people dont have a chip…

Most are using preloaded maps that have zero detail or inaccurate data. But again if you know what your looking at you can still see whats going on…

Also alot comes from sitting beside someone and them catching fish while you watch your bait swim around upside down in a bucket. Thats when people think spots matter :smiley:

21’ Hewes Craft Custom
140 Suzuki

USCG Licensed Captain

Yep! I haven’t had anyone come within 5 feet of me, but I have had them stop within 50 feet of me to take a long look and mark the waypoint while we cranked in multiples. With one party, I pulled up to a favorite road bed and proceeded to slay em. There was just 1 jonboat around. 2 days later, I go back to the area and find it covered up with 15 boats!:smiley::imp: Just the nature of the game.

James “Captain Fog” Lindler
Team Hardcore
Xpress HB-22
F150 4 Stroke Yammy Jammer
For guide service, search fogmanfisheries on Facebook.

I very recently was asked to take someone fishing for green fish. I told him we could go but he would need to forget where we catch them. I don’t guide and practice catch and release with the green fish. During a tournament it can be very frustrating if I’m headed to some of the spots I’ve spent time and effort figuring out and then when I get there someone I’ve shown a spot to is sitting on it! I’m sure it’s even worse for you guys who are guiding.

Chip I cant’t get over the diferance between the new chip I bought last month and my old one I have been using for years. Well worth the $138.00 i gave for it. I had been running over places I didn’t know was there!