We lost a great friend - Kidneyed

The East Cooper Fishing Club and a few other local clubs and friends in the local community lost a great friend and fisherman to cancer on Friday. He post on CF as Kidneyed. Ed was a great guy and we loved to tease him with his nickname Grumpy.

I was lucky enough to fish with Ed several times, he never failed to make me laugh, even when he was being grumpy. I am proud to have loved a man so rare.

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
2007 Grady White 222 Fisherman / 250 Yamaha
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1- 23 boy that won’t move out)
1 - 19 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

Ed and Paul were the best. I fished with them both a couple of times - hard to tell that they were friends with all the cussing and BSing :smiley:! They were both members at ECFC and SRFC I believe, and had showed many a greenhorn the waterways out here.

Sad to hear the news.

Stan - let me know if you hear anything about arrangements

Ed was also a member of SSWA. He was pretty much everywhere in the fishing community. Ed was also one of our part time contractors at Eye Strike Fishing and we were very thankful to have his help. He was a big part of our growth and success and I still can’t believe we won’t be seeing him on a daily basis. Even after he was showing symptoms of his cancer, he was very concerned about leaving us without help - that’s the kind of guy he was. We will miss “grumpy” greatly. Sad times.

1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.eyestrikefishing.com #predatorsstriketheeye