We need to work longer hours

At least that’s what Jeb Bush says.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/jeb-bush-‘people-need-to-work-longer-hours’/ar-AAcJu62?ocid=u147dhp

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
Custom Aluminum Fabrication
803-727-4069

That goes to show ya that he doesn’t hang with the working class. My friends and family average about 65 hours in 5 days. With the exception of my daughter who teaches school and raising her kids. I’d say she puts in better than a 110 a week. Not to mention a the other mothers and fathers out there that actuall tend to their own kids while also earning a living for them

Seems like it was taken out of context

Governor Bush was citing statistics that show that the average number of people in the workforce has reached a historical low, and that part time work has replaced full time work as a result of Obamacare mandates. You shouldn’t take general fact based statements and make anecdotal comparisons to specific situations. That is exactly like saying that the average adult male is 5’ 9" tall, and then replying… “but I’m 6’ 2” so that statement is wrong". Consider the evidence that consistently shows more people NOT working(labor participation rate) and the evidence that the average number of hours worked in a week has steadily declined under the Democrats. Those statistics point directly to the anemic economic growth rate under the Obama administration(below 2% annually for both terms to date). Governor Bush was addressing the issue from the standpoint that in order to achieve economic expansion at a rate of 4%, year over year, this country must employ more people at a standard 40 hour work week. It’s inarguable unless you choose to “spin” his comments in order to label him unfairly. A standard democrat tactic I must say.

Sol Mate
Mako 20B
225 Optimax

He’s right people get ansy to go home around 4 and Fridays are even worse but cry broke on Tuesday. …work is everywhere right now but some are forgetting a few years ago when all hell broke loose and only those who toughed it out are left standing. Bottom line is if you have a job show up…shut your mouth. …and do what is asked of you. Never thought i would agree with Jeb

quote:
Originally posted by harryd

He’s right people get ansy to go home around 4 and Fridays are even worse but cry broke on Tuesday. …work is everywhere right now but some are forgetting a few years ago when all hell broke loose and only those who toughed it out are left standing. Bottom line is if you have a job show up…shut your mouth. …and do what is asked of you. Never thought i would agree with Jeb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DorVltB6z0

RBF

quote:
Originally posted by bossdog1

Governor Bush was citing statistics that show that the average number of people in the workforce has reached a historical low, and that part time work has replaced full time work as a result of Obamacare mandates. You shouldn’t take general fact based statements and make anecdotal comparisons to specific situations. That is exactly like saying that the average adult male is 5’ 9" tall, and then replying… “but I’m 6’ 2” so that statement is wrong". Consider the evidence that consistently shows more people NOT working(labor participation rate) and the evidence that the average number of hours worked in a week has steadily declined under the Democrats. Those statistics point directly to the anemic economic growth rate under the Obama administration(below 2% annually for both terms to date). Governor Bush was addressing the issue from the standpoint that in order to achieve economic expansion at a rate of 4%, year over year, this country must employ more people at a standard 40 hour work week. It’s inarguable unless you choose to “spin” his comments in order to label him unfairly. A standard democrat tactic I must say.

Sol Mate
Mako 20B
225 Optimax

http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhartung/2014/09/05/obama-outperforms-reagan-on-jobs-growth-and-investing/

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/us-economic-growth-soars-reaches-11-year-high

http://money.cnn.com/gallery/news/economy/2014/01/28/obama-economy/

http://www.■■■■■■■■■.org/2015/01/obamas-numbers-january-2015-update/

Perhaps the decline in the workforce is a result of an enormous aging Baby Boom generation,they are reaching retirement age.

quote:
Originally posted by poke salad

Perhaps the decline in the workforce is a result of an enormous aging Baby Boom generation,they are reaching retirement age.

Perhaps it is due to the increased amount of Free Ice Cream available for those that choose to take it instead of actually working, even if that work is not what they like.

quote:
Originally posted by bossdog1

Sol Mate
Mako 20B
225 Optimax

I took the wrong approach to this. I should have read it through before I posted my first response.

He’s running on the agenda. If he really wants to get elected he should run on less to no hours, free check and import illegals to do the work for us. That’s a landslide campaign win.

He can’t run on that platform! He would have to switch parties, if he did! :wink:

quote:
Originally posted by freedomfisher

He’s running on the agenda. If he really wants to get elected he should run on less to no hours, free check and import illegals to do the work for us. That’s a landslide campaign win.

As long as he uses it as a bait and switch tactic.

Dear Poke…I read those articles when they 1st came out, just like I read all relevant information on the economy. I didn’t have to look them up on Google. I lived as a working adult through Reagan’s economic recovery, just like I lived through Carter’s administration as a recent college graduate. I know when the economy sucks and when it thrives, and this ain’t thriving. College grads are taking part time work selling phones in the mall instead of starting careers. Those are the “jobs” that this administration takes credit for, service sector part time jobs in bars and restaurants, and 29 hour a week jobs in grocery stores The standard excuse when the economy contracts quarter over quarter(1st quarter 2015 -.7%) is the weather, and then the climate change BS kicks in. “Baby Boomers” are not retiring at a rapid pace because they can’t earn a measly 2% on their savings under this administration. How many years has this current administration kept the federal funds rate @ 0%? Why? Because the enormous debt this administration has dumped on the economy would make the debt service payment soar with just a 1% increase in interest charges, and collapse the social welfare programs that eat up the federal budget. That alone would get them all thrown out of office. I lived under the Clinton and Bush administrations when seniors earned 5% on CD’s and Government bonds. They had interest income on their savings, and could afford to retire. I could write 20 pages of comments on this economy under President Obama, and the “smoke and mirrors” of his economic “recovery”. Keep drinking the CoolAide Poke, but don’t complain when it rots the teeth out of your confused head.

Sol Mate
Mako 20B
225 Optimax

I hear ya Bossdog! I’m 69 and been in the construction buisness all my life untill my retirement in 2008 and it been down hill since! Got to have a Republican Pres. soon or well all go broke!