Wear your buffs and sunscreen kids

Make sure you get in the dermatologist office every 6 months. I have had all 3. If not for my wife Making me go, I would be 6 feet under.

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

Had a spot on my nose that would bleed in the mornings and then go away for awhile only to reappear months later and repeat itself.

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

Fritz, was it like a recurring pimple or just a sore that bled?

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Recurring pimple.

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:
Originally posted by DoubleN
quote:

Straight up from the heart, Hope all turns out well.

Never know what we are destined to endure. Pray it’s just basal cell carcinoma. Good luck dude. Love life.

All b.s. aside, any man that can make a living giving others the joy of fishing is all right in my book.

Let’s start fresh Fritz. We will never see eye to eye on many issues, but we both have the love of fishing.

This is one classy response!!!

Wish you the best, Capt.

NN

www.joinrfa.org/

Thanks! I don’t want the asshat persona anymore! again life is short. And I would imagine I probably have been an asshat from time to time on this site.

I sure don’t want to kick a decent man when he is down, and poor old Fritz looks like he could us a pick me up!

Keep us posted Fritz. What did they remove? other than a chunk of your nose…

Fritz, here is my ultimate humbleness to you. You may not remember, but I stated that instant grits could be as good as stone ground. I was wrong, you were right.</font id=“red”> I got a bag of Stone Ground grits from Round O milling. They were by far the best grits I’ve ever eaten. Takes a lot more time(20 min), but worth it.

Note to all. Not 3 cups to 1, Use 4 cups chicken broth to one cup grits. :wink:

Grits: More than a breakfas

Now that we know Fritz is OK, is NOBODY going to make a comment like, “Just when we thought that mug couldn’t get any worse”, or something along those lines? It won’t be me, but you guys are getting soft…

quote:

Recurring pimple.

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

That’s a great boat name…

www.baturinphotography.com

quote:

Straight up from the heart, Hope all turns out well.

Never know what we are destined to endure. Pray it’s just basal cell carcinoma. Good luck dude. Love life.

All b.s. aside, any man that can make a living giving others the joy of fishing is all right in my book.

Let’s start fresh Fritz. We will never see eye to eye on many issues, but we both have the love of fishing.

Ditto.

Had a BCC cut out of my arm a few years back. Took a chunk the size of two stacked quarters. Luckily, it was in the fold of my elbow so the scar runs with the folds. Since then, it’s been long pants, long sleeves, big hats and sun screen.

17’ Henry O Hornet w/ Johnson 88 spl
26’ Palmer Scott project hull
14’ Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25

Weather permitting, I work in the sun 8-10 hours per day, year round. Construction, not as a fishing guide. I would like to throw the correlation of the rise in skin cancers, and use of sunscreen out there. This is not an attempt to hijack Captain Fritz’s thread, and I hope him a speedy recovery, but to shed a little light on a very serious matter to us outdoorsmen/women.

“Many primary care providers advise patients to use sunscreen as a means to reduce their risk for skin cancer, especially cutaneous malignant melanoma (CMM). Despite the availability and promotion of sunscreen for decades, the incidence of CMM continues to increase in the U.S. at a rate of 3% per year. There currently is little evidence that sunscreens are protective against CMM. A number of studies suggest that the use of sunscreen does not significantly decrease the risk CMM, and may actually increase the risk of CMM and sunburns. This paper discusses current information regarding the relationship between sunscreen use and CMM, and how providers may need to alter their advice regarding sunscreen use for CMM prevention”

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/753805

…Politicians aren’t the “Oldest Profession”, but the results are still the same.

When they come for my guns and ammo. I plan on giving them the ammo. first!

quote:
Originally posted by Mixed Nutz

Weather permitting, I work in the sun 8-10 hours per day, year round. Construction, not as a fishing guide. I would like to throw the correlation of the rise in skin cancers, and use of sunscreen out there. This is not an attempt to hijack Captain Fritz’s thread, and I hope him a speedy recovery, but to shed a little light on a very serious matter to us outdoorsmen/women.

“Many primary care providers advise patients to use sunscreen as a means to reduce their risk for skin cancer, especially cutaneous malignant melanoma (CMM). Despite the availability and promotion of sunscreen for decades, the incidence of CMM continues to increase in the U.S. at a rate of 3% per year. There currently is little evidence that sunscreens are protective against CMM. A number of studies suggest that the use of sunscreen does not significantly decrease the risk CMM, and may actually increase the risk of CMM and sunburns. This paper discusses current information regarding the relationship between sunscreen use and CMM, and how providers may need to alter their advice regarding sunscreen use for CMM prevention”

…Politicians aren’t the “Oldest Profession”, but the results are still the same.

Mixed, I might not agree with your Holocaust opinions, but I can agree with this. Or the fact that the ozone layer is a little thinner and letting more radiation through. :question: I too work 10-12 hours a day mostly outside. This skin cancer thing does worry me, only time I’ve used sun screen is when my wife sometimes puts it on me on the boat. I just like the fact that she is rubbing my back so I tolerate it.

Used to be coffee, then eggs, then pork then red meat,

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish
quote:

Recurring pimple.

That’s a great boat name…

www.baturinphotography.com

I am going with Pimple Dimple…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_wE9J9hFUE

RBF

quote:

Here’s some more information that may be helpful…

http://mentalhealthdaily.com/2014/03/01/list-of-things-that-kill-brain-cells-the-death-of-neurons/

quote:

It’s in pretty good shape for the shape it’s in!