Weather Forecasting

Is it just me or is the weather forecasting gotten worse over the last few years? It was just yesterday that it showed to be 60-70% chance of rain all weekend. Now it’s minimal % chance. If I was this bad at my job I would have been fired years ago! With today technology they should at least be accurate within like 2-3 days. Might have to actually get back to fishing tomorrow if the sun stays out.
CRAZY!

Yep! And the only thing worse than the local forecast, is the NOAA wave forecast. Rebelstate and I were at Comanche, back in August. Listening to my vhf, NOAA was calling for one footers at nine seconds, same as when we left the harbor.

It was closer to four footers at four seconds. We couldn’t hold on enough to bottom fish, so we trolled, and only managed a few "Cudas. Headed back to Chas. 60 to wait a storm out, and same conditions as Comanche. Also the same NOAA forecast for sea conditions.

Only managed a few trash, bottom fish. While we were at Chas. 60 we were discussing the terrible conditions, and hoping folks in a smaller boat hadn’t taken the NOAA forecast serious. It would have been very dangerous for most of the smaller boats we usually see fishing the 60!

LOL… This was just brought up by me and an older retired gentleman I see most every morning. After a rain we always compare what I got at the house to what he got. Then onto the forecast, I see it change so often lately and like you stated. He has one more cutting for hay this season and is really frustrated by the forecasts changing so much. Me too.

Reminds me of when we get a hurricane coming our way and the 20 different models they show us that it “may” take.

I have been asking the same thing. Today’s weather is nowhere as accurate as just a few years back (pre covid). I was told by an airline pilot brother-in-law that we currently have a lot less real meteorologist and a bunch more “computer modeling”. Yes, the forecasting is not as good as in the good ole days.

1 Like

Ever since Charlie Hall died,these so called weather men don’t know ■■■■ from shinola!

1 Like

Pfft… Chucky couldn’t hold a candle to Mr. Knozit in Cola Town…

The weather dwarf Bill Walsh is a clown. He exaggerates everything and prays for hurricaines

1 Like

Here’s my weather Guru

:joy::+1:

1 Like

But Natureboy, you know hurricanes and other disasters sell the news!!

1 Like

I don’t know. My buddies don’t appreciate the weather being exaggerated. None of the tv weather people on TV are really meteorologists. They are weather readers. They pay an on line company / school take a 3 hour course and get a diploma in the mail

burrrrrrr…
Hi ho hi ho after the VA we go

No sir, a bit too cold for me to be on a bike. Unless it was an emergency. You should join the polar bear club and go swimming with those dudes. Brrrrrrrr.

I believe this probably has not been one of my better decisions.

Much nicer day today.
Parking easy peasy.