Wednesday Report As Promised

Hunter and I started off with some good marks on the Lexington side of the Big Pool in 90 feet of water 45-70 feet down, but all we could muster was 3 18-21 inch fish. We decided to to leave the Big Pool and ventured up. After 45 minutes of riding and looking, we settled on a group of good fish in 65 fow near a creek mouth. There, it was a slow, methodical pick, but we limited with the final 7. These fish were 22 inches to 10 pounds and caught just off the bottom. After a leisurely cleanup and ride, we were back on the trailer around 11. Bacon wraps on the grill tomorrow night!:sunglasses:

Xpress HB-22
175 Yammy Jammer

quote:
Originally posted by Fogman

Hunter and I started off with some good marks on the Lexington side of the Big Pool in 90 feet of water 45-70 feet down, but all we could muster was 3 18-21 inch fish. We decided to to leave the Big Pool and ventured up. After 45 minutes of riding and looking, we settled on a group of good fish in 65 fow near a creek mouth. There, it was a slow, methodical pick, but we limited with the final 7. These fish were 22 inches to 10 pounds and caught just off the bottom. After a leisurely cleanup and ride, we were back on the trailer around 11. Bacon wraps on the grill tomorrow night!:sunglasses:

Xpress HB-22
175 Yammy Jammer

Good job, James and I need that recipe, too. :wink:

-The size of a fish is directly proportional to the time between when it’s lost and the story is told. - Me
-What’s the best eating fish, you ask? I’ve found that for a lot people, its the ones that they happen to be able to catch, clean, and cook. - My Dad
-Until you have loved a dog, part of your soul remains unawakened. Anatole France (paraphrased)
-RIP my “Puppy Dog” 10/15/2004 - 1/14/2013. I’ll never forget him. What a special friend he was.
-Team Gonna Fish

Bacon Wraps? Due tell fog man.

Grady 223 Tournament / G3 1860 CC

Got em on right now as I type… I take the sizable fillets and season then to taste. I prefer a little garlic salt and Creole seasoning. Next, I fold the fillets in half and wrap them until they are totally encased in bacon strips, pinning the bacon with tooth picks. It takes a good many tooth picks to get the job done. Afterwards, I place them on a fish/vegetable grate and place on the 350 to 400 degree coals on the grill. I check and turn them every 5 minutes or so. When the bacon is good and crispy, I finish them off with a brushing of melted butter and let them sit on each side for a couple minutes. I have to give credit to Murrymaker for this recipe a while back. Major yum!

Xpress HB-22
175 Yammy Jammer

[URL=http://s192.photobucket.com/user/fogman_bucket/media/2B7AB36F-64C6-49F3-9288-A932B15C887C_zpsixxo5djg.jpg.html]

[/URL]

Xpress HB-22
175 Yammy Jammer

Man you sure are consistent, doesn’t seem to matter what weather or time of year. Those look delicious…

Wellcraft V-20 sportfish with a 200 Evinrude

Thanks Tom! They were indeed very good! I also appreciate the comment on my fishing. I never take the catching for granted and have tried to learn something every time out over the past 30 years or so. When I catch one, I ask myself, “why did I catch that fish?” I then simply try to reproduce that scenario. For the most part, it works pretty well, but everyone has a bad outing every now and then. I’ve simply been very blessed to be able to spend 60+ days per year on the water over the last 3 decades… We had another good trip today!

Xpress HB-22
175 Yammy Jammer

I’ve only ever seen you have one outing in the past almost three years that wasn’t up to par. That’s how long I’ve been privileged to be going striper fishing with you. I’ve also seen some really amazing days of fishing in those three years!
Thanks to your taking me out striper fishing since my long ago surgery, I’ve now become a more well rounded fisherman. If the green fish don’t bite I can always try the stripers. Atleast when they’re close to home.
Needless to say, my cousins are very impressed with you too.

I appreciate that too Spoon! I nearly always pick up a fresh perspective every time you hop on the boat with me. Gary and Rick also enjoyed having you fill in for Colby in our last tournament.

Xpress HB-22
175 Yammy Jammer

Each day fishing is a bonus for me. It’s one of my favorite things to do. Some days I’m looking for new places for green fish and others I just fish the “tried and true” ones. When the tried and true ones don’t produce, atleast I’m on the water and can try to figure out where they went.
You’re right about learning something new every day. This past weekend I learned, again, that holiday weekends are tough fishing!
I enjoyed fishing the tournament with team Hardcore. Seemed like a good bunch of experienced guys to me. Let me know if you need someone to fill in again. Next time I’ll get a spoon bite going.