Weed eater

I’ve got a Troy-Bilt weed eater I’ve had for several years.It gradually got so you’d have to run it with the choke on & super hard to start. Took the carburetor apart cleaned it drain the gas clean the filter in the tank.not long after started doing the same thing so I took the carburetor apart a second time. Neighbor come out told me just go buy a new carburetor. Told him I didn’t think it was worth 50-60 bucks for a carburetor. He tells me they’re only about 10 bucks I laugh at him. Got on Google $9.98 including shipping. What do I got to lose 10 bucks so I order one. It’s been on the weed eater now we’re almost 2 months. Runs like a champ. How the heck do they sell and ship carburetor for less than 10 bucks.
Just
replace the one on my echo backpack blower.
Just thought I would put that out there for everyone

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

I tried one of those cheapos on my atv & 6 months later still working great.
New honda one was over 200 & about same to rebuild. So i decided to give the $30 one on Amazon a try.

[navy]Sportsman Masters 207 Yamaha F150[/navy]

Unbelievable the cheap prices on some parts online. I let my tiller sit up outside for a year or so and it wouldn’t start. I got a new carb for 12 bucks amazon prime. We’ve got one Polaris that eats starters… Polaris starter $400 bucks Amazon brand new $59 bucks. What I’ve found is if you can get an actual part number and search that instead of what it fits. EBay also a good place to look and I believe lately cheaper than Amazon. Just picked up a set of blades for the hay cutter a third of the price at the John Deere store. This online shopping has come a long way.

That is good to know. I have a 30 year old Craftsman tiller I can get started but won’t stay running. I suspect it is the carb. I’ll look for another one. I guess the only bad side of this is it kind of demonstrates how cheaply some things are made nowadays.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

No doubt. Get a whole weed wacker for$60 bucks at wally world… but you get what you pay for. What was pointed out to me is an actual sticker on many of these things that gives life expectancy. Those cheap ones are only rated for 10-15 hours of service. I broke down a few years ago and went with a Husky commercial wacker and have been very pleased with it.

Sounds like I should start my Lawn Equipment Repair business back up. :+1:

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing in the surf like an idiot."

I got tired of crappy weed eaters, the last one I bought was an Echo and I have never regretted it. Run non-ethanol gas through it and take care of it and it starts every time and runs like a champ.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

The troybilt weed eaters have carburetor jet adjustments that require a special tool to adjust which is what most of them need to run correctly. Watch this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmhxTvGRtCg to see how it’s done. He even tells you how many beers it takes to do the job. If you have a gummed up carburetor get one of the cheap Amazon carburetors. They usually work great. I always add stabil stabilizer when mixing my two cycle gasoline and never have a problem with gummed up carbs.

Rob

Wrong video use this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6h0WfJ-27I
Triumph 17
Honda 75

Rob Triumph 17 Honda 75