Weekend fishing in Goose Creek River

Got a chance to get out Saturday morning so I tried some whiting’s in the Harbor and caught a few for dinner. Decided to go Sunday morning and debated it for awhile before leaving the house but went anyway. Once at Bushy Park I started to head back home because of HIGH Winds and choppy waters. Put in and tried a few spot with no luck and off to Goose Creek to get out of the wind. Sloppy rid but managed and around 8:21 caught a 22.5" Red that was tagged and released. Stayed for a hour or so and ran for the Hill. Been quite awhile since I been on the waters.
DSCN0026|666x500
Offshore a couple weeks ago and managed a 50Lbs+ Wahoo

4 Likes

Great to see you posting again. Looks like you’ve been getting at it. That is one stud Wahoo!

Thanks for the report… I watched the wind blow all day yesterday too. Good on you for making it happen, the spottail just ices the cake. Im gonna catch me a KOBP tagged fish in there before long…I just know it!

1 Like

Thought you had decided to leave the site… welcome back glad to see you remember how to tag a fish

Saw your title and then saw the Wahoo. I thought, “Fatrat is good but dang, a Wahoo in Goose Creek”? NICE fish! Nice to see you posting.

I was expecting to see some flounder.
I know that wahoo is going to eat good

Been back and forth to Ft Myers Fla with family issues that has been resolved and now it’s back to fishing with this strange weather we’re having. Felt good relaxing the mind. Tight Lines

1 Like

Did you stop here to get some fresh squeeze and good I’ve cream?

Nice fish!

Good to hear your family issues were resolved. Also good you are back here so you can keep us informed about your local fishing. I’ve had very little success the past few weeks but like you I find that fishing is my go to when I need to relax and clear my mind.