Weekend Report

Finally got to fish this weekend after what seems like forever. In fishing terms- 6 weeks IS forever!

Fished DL herring at humps near the dam up to Wessinger Island in 50-65 ft of water. They were suspended about halfway up and never saw any huge schools but limited out both days. We would catch one or two then the bite would stop. Nothing would get them to turn back on except a change of location. E3, C2, and A2 were all productive for us.

It was fun to chat with some good folks on Channel 72, see the crazy black bassers and their entourages, and enjoy the beautiful mornings. (other than that Saturday fog!)

Tried trolling bucktails with swimbaits across the trees for a bit for a change of pace, but only found 1 hungry Linesider and a decent LM that the tourney guys might have liked to have in their livewell.

Good to be on the water again. Tight lines!

Sunday’s creel:

Nice haul there! Not bad for being off the water for so long! Did they see you bring that LM? You might have gotten an earful! :smiley:

16ft War Eagle 648MV/ Johnson 50HP

Good job Jim glad you got to finally got to get out and enjoy yourself on the water I am going to hang out on Clark’s hill til september

quote:
Originally posted by Salmonale

Nice haul there! Not bad for being off the water for so long! Did they see you bring that LM? You might have gotten an earful! :smiley:

16ft War Eagle 648MV/ Johnson 50HP

A couple of bass boats might have seen me as they were flying by at 70 mph. I wasn’t being shy about it when I pulled it out of the net. I thought it was a decent Striper but it ended up being a really nice Largemouth. I put her back, so if they are really Pros, maybe they caught it the next day!