Weekend suprise

Went fishing on a flat I know this past weekend. Ended up catching 3 redfish between 22-23 inches. Caught them all on a gold crab pattern.

Fish 1

Fish 2

Fish 3

Caught this one, just barely, tailing.

On my way off the flat I saw another fish tailing, and ended up sticking this pig:sunglasses:

John,

Great trip!

They were tailing pretty good down here in Savannah with the higher than expected tides thanks to the east winds. Congratulations on the black! I have not tried tried a gold crab on them (have tried everything else) but will throw one of mad mike’s at one soon. Thanks for the tip.

Best tides.

Great report!..as always!
Wow, nice black you got there!![:0]

Did you keep the black drum? Let us know how it cooked up if so. I’ve only eaten small ones, which were excellent fare.

oc

:smiley:

www.flyfishingsc.com

NO FREAKIN WAY!!! I am so jealous! I haven’t even been lucky enough to catch one red on the fly and you catch 3 plus this pig??? God is smiling on you my friend:smiley:

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
George Orwell

Dragonslayer,
How often are you getting out there to try for the reds? I am lucky enough to live where the wadable flats are plenty.

JohnH0802

I have a great flat within a 3 minute walk from my house, but haven’t been out as much as I’d like. Wife, kid, dogs, work, etc. seem to get in the way. I need to SERIOUSLY re-think my priorities!!

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
George Orwell

The nice thing about high tide fishing is that it only takes a couple of hours to do, particularly if you have one that close. Some of my best fishing has been in the evenings after getting off from work. I caught 5 and broke 3 off in 45 minutes one Monday a couple of weeks ago, including a 33 inch fish. I started walking out to the flat at about 7pm, was there at 730pm and walked back out starting at 8pm. Got back to the truck at 835pm.

JohnH0802