weird dog behavior

salty, try a shock collar :imp:

The crate is the way to go,and loads of attentionā€“training. Had a roommate whose pup that after 8hours at the beach playing and swimming would demolish a house when we went to get a gallon of milk "maybe 15 minā€¦ Vet said anxiety got the dog a kennel after about three days pup accepted it,of course there were plenty hours put into training and guidance.Vet said the crate gave her a senseof security and a space of her own. When ever things got a lil crazy " Football parties and such she would just go and lay in her kennel instead of being a whacko.
On another note I adopted a Cheasa

pake when she was about Ten Months old.She had wrecked two screen porches. I took a week off work to just spend with her and my other pup>we got used to each other and I took her swimming every other day walking every day and spent loads of time with her. Did not leave her alone for three days,just spent good time,she ended up being one of the Best dogs I ever had. Time Patience and training,Oh yeah the biggest thing LOVE.

quote:
Time Patience and training,Oh yeah the biggest thing LOVE.

Iā€™ve never seen a dog problem those 4 things wonā€™t fix.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

ā€œShips are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.ā€ -Robert N. Rose

Dear 220ā€¦1st of all this is a mixed breed dog. The dog is not a Labrador Retriever. The 2nd point is that the dog was given to a 3rd party, your mother, and as such the motivation for owning and commitment to training may be in question. The behavioral manifestations are indicative of genetic shortcomings relative to indiscriminate breeding. The dog is likely to be a problem more than an asset. A practical solution is to crate the dog whenever it is out of visual contact. That keeps the incidence of destructive behavior controlled. A large fenced in yard that is hot wired is also helpful when the dog will not be actively survieled. The more time that is allocated to human contact, discipline, and exersize, the more likely that the dog exhibits predictable behavior. I believe this all goes back to point # 2.

Sol Mate
Mako 20B
225 Optimax

I think Archer was more curious about the hoarding of destroyed items. After more thought, you may have a great dog once you break him. At least he cleans up after himself.