Well Since I

Usually catch H#ll for copy/posting , or misspelling , puncuation , supporting Trump and so on , the following is another c/p for all you academic scholars to pick apart , chastize the subject and belittle the messenger instead of the story … Enjoy !!!

Eglin Joint Base Command located near Ft. Walton, Florida, is presently the largest Military Complex in the world and encompasses a large contingent of Air Force units, Naval Warfare units, and the 7th Army Special Forces and 6th Army Rangers.

My home is exactly 5 miles outside the main gate of Eglin AFB.

Most folks in the USA don’t live in a Military Town, with lots of guys in uniform walking the streets and jets overhead daily. They go on with their lives unaware of what a Military Town is all about. And that’s OK… but I want to share with you what it’s like to live in a Military Town. We see guys in uniform all the time, we have state of the art, high-performance aircraft in the air nearby all day long. We hear the SOUND OF FREEDOM when an F-22 or F-35 streaks over the house… and we read in the local paper, some times daily, but at least weekly, of the loss of one of our own in combat in the Middle East.

And that is what brings me to the reason for this email.

Staff Sergeant Mark DeAlencar was 37 years old, had a family and was a Green Beret with the 7th Army Special Forces stationed here in the Fort Walton area. He was killed on April 8, 2017, while fighting Islamic State in eastern Afghanistan. In January of 2017, he was deployed for the second time to Afghanistan. He promised his adopted daughter, Octavia, that he would be home for her High School Graduation. He didn’t make it. But she went to graduation anyway. And in the audience were eighty (80) US Army, 7th Special Forces soldiers from her dad’s unit in full Parade Dress Uniform. Additionally, they brought THEIR FAMILIES to be with them, as well.

And as Octavia ascended the steps to the stage to receive

Beautiful

A very heart warming story. Thank you sir!

Dorado II
Carolina Skiff 25DLV

God Bless all of our service men and women serving home and around the world. Being deployed myself while serving I think its harder on the families left back home than it is for the service members themselves. I do love the sound of a fighter(F-15) screaming overhead.

RRR
Sea Hunt
BX 22 BR
Carolina Blue

That is one of the out standing things,that makes America great. God bless our service men and woman.

Nice.

I grew up down in Tallahassee and fished the Gulf. There are quite a few Air Force towers out in Gulf down there. Now decommissioned but used to be active. Frequently would see fighters, low, out over the Gulf and around those towers while fishing. Coming from various places, Pensacola Naval Air Station, Eglin (Niceville), Tyndall (Panama City), and Moody (Valdosta).

Haven’t been here all that long. So I can only image it was similar feeling to watching Navy ships come in/out of Charleston.

www.militaryappreciationday.org