West Ashley

This is going to be a little late for heading out in the morning but I will take any advice for the future. Just moved out to West Ashley from Mt Pleasant and have never fished this side of the Chuck. Any recommendations on some spots. Not looking for honey holes just roundabout places to start my search. I put in at the Cosgrove bridge last week and fished the flat off to the right(peir side) last week and got skunked. I’ve eyed that flat for years always thinking it would be good. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

That’s not the right kind of flat, that flat is a dead zone. Get out Google maps and find the train track. The train track is excellent fishing. Search the rivers edge on Google maps heading toward the harbor from the train tracks. There are docks on both sides that have creeks running to the marsh from them. These are prime areas is to try. Is fish the train track that’s a lot of structure.

I live in West Ashley and kayak fish in several areas. Feel free to contact me in a PM.