west palm beach

I plan on taking my 21 ft. boat to west palm in April and was looking for tips on launching and accomadations down there.Any advice is welcome.

the snooks nook would be a good place to stop by and see whats happening it is in b/w ft pierce and jupiter

Half Mine II/ TEAM GEICO
2660 Sailfish
150 Yamahas

my cousin lives over in west palm beach, right down from the icw and he is always going offshore… as u prob alredy know, the gulf stream is only like 2 miles out, so i would suggest doing some drift fishin on the bottom… i know that right now, the sails are biting, he picked up one last weekend a little over 6 ft… i would reccomend staying at the hampton inn near the airport, and pick up the coupon books at the rest area, its only about a 10 min drive to the launch from the hotel.

we always go out of lakeworth inlet right next to sailfish marina, where everyone catches snook at the mouth of the inlet…

just make sure you check the weather b4 u head out

PM me if you got any questions

Thanks for the info. I plan on trying to troll for dolphin and whatever else bites.

If you are going to keep your boat in the water, I like staying at the Sailfish Inn and Marina on Singer Island: sailfishmarina.com It is right next to the inlet. I put in at Lake park marina, which is about a mile north of the marina on the mainland side. You can leave your trailer there for I think $10 a day. You can’t leave the trailer at Sailfish marina. There is a free boat ramp even closer, but I don’t think I would leave my trailer there.

Just left Ft Lauderdale. Fished <1 mile from shore. Caught plenty Blackfin and Dolphin, trolling with small lures, no bait. Also pulled bait. It was ridiculous, looking at the hotels and dragging baits. There were a lot of boats kite fishing.

Less than 30 minute ride from marina to fishing hole, outriggers deployed before we cleared rocks.

Why take a boat, rode a 48’ sporty, 4 hours, 100 bucks. What a deal!

Just dont seem right fishin that close to shore, but Im a gonna do dat again, know dat!

Fishing on the bottom is like having sex with the lights turned off. It feels good… but I wanna see it.
Lights On!

All the world is indeed a stage…and we are merely players.

2002 Sea Hunt Triton 210
150 Yammy SS II

[quote]Originally posted by Smily

Just left Ft Lauderdale. Fished <1 mile from shore. Caught plenty Blackfin and Dolphin, trolling with small lures, no bait. Also pulled bait. It was ridiculous, looking at the hotels and dragging baits. There were a lot of boats kite fishing.

Less than 30 minute ride from marina to fishing hole, outriggers deployed before we cleared rocks.

Why take a boat, rode a 48’ sporty, 4 hours, 100 bucks. What a deal!Just dont seem right fishin that close to shore, but Im a gonna do dat again, know dat!

are u saying you chartered a 48 for 100 for four hours??? Please send me the contact info

he probably jumped on a boat that didnt have a full trip. pretty east down there for a single to get on a boat. easy extra money for the boat. of course pending the group doesnt mind that chartered.

Keywest 2220 Suzuki 225 4 stroke
16’ homemade skiff 25 merc
You hold the tail, I’m fuc#ing this cat!

Went with a group of five guys, 100 bucks each. Still a SUHWEEEET Deal! try to do that round here.

For 150 bucks, I reeled fish, tipped mate, and they sent the filets to restaurant next door, ate till I bout popped, gave the waitress a huge plate of leftover filets, drank beers, until I could do no more. THATS too good of a deal.

Name of boat was Real Appeal Charters, at Bahia Marina. There wer plenty of boats to choose from. They are waiting at sidewalk waiting for walk ups.

Fishing on the bottom is like having sex with the lights turned off. It feels good… but I wanna see it.
Lights On!

All the world is indeed a stage…and we are merely players.

2002 Sea Hunt Triton 210
150 Yammy SS II

Thanks for the info. If the weather looks kind of iffy I might leave the boat at home but I plan on doing some cruising with the family also.