What are these odds?

Update

http://www.thestate.com/news/local/article211686974.html

quote:
Originally posted by Bayrider7365

Update

You have to wonder about a family that initially has to come up with a lie about snake. Shame that the first thing that comes to mind when there is trouble is to fabricate a lie. Times of today’s messed up society.

You have to wonder about a family that initially has to come up with a lie about snake. Shame that the first thing that comes to mind when there is trouble is to fabricate a lie. Times of today’s messed up society.
[/quote]

Kind of like this

http://metrovoicenews.com/video-proves-pastor-lied-about-traffic-stop-incident/

j

quote:
Originally posted by Bayrider7365

Update

there it is. the hole first story was false.

“hey yall. watchis” - snakebite victim probably

To be fair, the first story came from the first responders…they probably mis-understood or simply got it wrong by a little. Those boys seemed honest enough to admit what really happened and that alcohol was involved.

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
2007 Grady White 222 Fisherman / 250 Yamaha
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1- 23 boy that won’t move out)
1 - 19 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

I had a naked chick with a case of beer fall out of tree into my yak once, and I ended up at the clinic…

RBF

Here, hold my beer and ya’ll watch this… Famous last words.

“On Tuesday, family members said Adams actually picked up the snake with his bare hands, foxcarolina.com reported.
Adams’s cousin, Kyle Colquitt, said Adams paddled over to what he thought was an alligator in the water, but when he discovered it was a snake he yanked it into the air, according to abcnews4.com.”

I figure that initially, the family members that made the orginal report, didn’t want people to think he was a dumbazz.

I’ve snatched a baby gator out of the water before and at the time, didn’t think about big mamma gator being close by. Now, I probably wouldn’t do it again. If I ever did, I would make damm sure it was a gator, not a snake.

Bob Van Gundy
803-727-4069
Custom Aluminum Fabrication

quote:
I had a naked chick with a case of beer fall out of tree into my yak once, and I ended up at the clinic...

Without pics I gotta call B.S.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by jisuho

Kind of like this

http://metrovoicenews.com/video-proves-pastor-lied-about-traffic-stop-incident/

j
[/quote]

Yea, sort of like that.

I think your story is more disturbing though. The lie about the snake is very unlikely to invoke racial tensions or actually hurt anyone. It’s a simple lie. Your story was about a religious figure head and leader of the NAACP. His lie was stated to cause racial tensions and discord towards our law enforcers and further sadness was the way many of the members down played it.

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom
quote:
I had a naked chick with a case of beer fall out of tree into my yak once, and I ended up at the clinic...

Will wedding pictures suffice?

RBF

quote:
quote:

RBF was just day dreaming. He’s not gonna waste the energy to paddle a yak. :wink::smiley:

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:
quote:

RBF was just day dreaming. He’s not gonna waste the energy to paddle a yak. :wink::smiley:

Unlike you Fred, not everyone chooses to paddle upstream… Try going downstream sometime, and you’ll find the paddle becomes a rudder…:smiley:

RBF

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

i’m no snake expert but that never stopped us on here from postulating expert opinions.

fell out of tree?

I never saw one in a tree.

is there more to this story?

If you happened upon me and I had been bitten on the nads by a snake, I would hope you wouldnt question how. I hope you would just get on down there, scratch that x, and start pulling the venom out.

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs
quote:

i’m no snake expert but that never stopped us on here from postulating expert opinions.

fell out of tree?

I never saw one in a tree.

is there more to this story?

If you happened upon me and I had been bitten on the nads by a snake, I would hope you wouldnt question how. I hope you would just get on down there, scratch that x, and start pulling the venom out.

Oldie, but goodie:

Two cowboys are staying a couple miles outside of town on a trail they used for herding cattle. While taking a **** behind a bush, one cowboys gets bitten on the ***** by a rattle snake. He alerts his friend, who jumps on his horse and races toward town seeking a cure. He reaches the doctors office and runs inside. The doc explains to him that the only way to save his friend is to suck the poison out. The cowboy jumps back on his horse and races back to his ailing friend. When he reaches his camp, the frantic cowboy cries out “What did the doctor say?” To which his friend replies "He said you’re gonna die!

RBF

7, count yourself heaven-bound in that scenario. You gonna die

quote:

7, count yourself heaven-bound in that scenario. You gonna die

That hurts my feelings.

quote:

Dam you’re 80? I’ll try to get the others to be more respectful

Haha ,thanks buddy:smiley:.Natureboy ,you know what I'm talkin about.I was not surprised at all when that kid got bit by a rattlesnake at Wannamaker Park ,a few years ago.
quote:
Originally posted by sman
quote:

Dam you’re 80? I’ll try to get the others to be more respectful

Haha ,thanks buddy:smiley:.Natureboy ,you know what I'm talkin about.I was not surprised at all when that kid got bit by a rattlesnake at Wannamaker Park ,a few years ago.

Blue House had deer, turkeys ,gators, otters, ducks, rabbits, squirrels , and lots of snakes! I know some people that live in the apartment complex in the middle of that swamp. They see copperheads often

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth
quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:
quote:

Unlike you Fred, not everyone chooses to paddle upstream… Try going downstream sometime, and you’ll find the paddle becomes a rudder…:smiley:

RBF

Never got into the paddling thing. If I’m in a boat it’s gonna have a motor on it. And back in the day, I’d always head upstream. Never know on some of the older boats I had coming up when it might have quit running.

I remember one time I headed upstream at the beginning of flood tide & motor quit. I made a sail out of my girlfriend’s clothes & a rudder out of her shoes (she was a might chubby & had enormous feet) Made good time back home but my neighbor shouted from the bank, “Hey, I told you not to hog hunt on my land anymore!” I guess you could say I sorta had a Trophy girlfriend back then.