What is this critter killing my Matos??

Out of town for a few days and came back to find a couple Mato plants croaking.

Small white bugs all over them. Aphids?? Grabbed the 7 dust and applied. Have never had them in garden.

aphids?
That would be my guess… now i’ve got a question ;; what would cause peaches to just fall off tree??? had probably lost 2/3 of crop due to freeze , remaining ones had gotten to about golf ball size then started falling off no more than 6-8 left on three trees:frowning_face::frowning_face::frowning_face:

George McDonald ; MAD Charleston
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Whitefly, use malathion mixed with Volk oil and spray early in the morning

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

quote:
Originally posted by sellsfish

Whitefly, use malathion mixed with Volk oil and spray early in the morning

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

What sells said. ^^^^

I’ve also used a mild mixture of dawn dishwashing liquid. Never had them on my tomatoes. I battle them yearly on my Gardenias. Wasps will eat them.

“Why Bruce?”

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/dominion-2l-termiticide-concentrate-p-1223.html

Dominion is a systemic insecticide, mix with water and poor around base of plant.When the plant takes in water, its taking up the insecticide as well.Aphids, whiteflies chew the plant, and death is near. Safe for ornamental plants and fruits,vegetables, and honey bees.

malathion and sevin dust are foliar insecticides,any bees or other pollinators will carry that back to the colony, and most likely will kill everyone.One rain event will wash a foliar insecticide away, and you have to re-apply. Dominion is once a year.

Appreciate the replies!

NN

Poly ball thank for the education on the bees, eveyone should know that!

Poly Ball how safe is this stuff for human consumption? If the plant is taking it up into the leaves then it is surely ending up in your tomatoes…not sure how I feel about that. I am just curious…sounds like it could work for squash vine borers.

quote:
Originally posted by fishcrazy

Poly Ball how safe is this stuff for human consumption? If the plant is taking it up into the leaves then it is surely ending up in your tomatoes…not sure how I feel about that. I am just curious…sounds like it could work for squash vine borers.

DOMINION FRUIT TREE SYSTEMIC INSECTICIDE .235% 4

Rate this (2 Votes)

DOMINION FRUIT AND VEGETABLEPRODUCT DESCRIPTION: Odorless material which is applied to the soil around plants, trees and shrubs which works as a systemic. This formulation is safe for use in the garden and can be used on both fruit and vegetable bearing plants.

WHERE TO USE IT: Outside the home in the yard for any plant, flower, shrub or tree.

RATE OF APPLICATION: Mixtures vary depending on the size of area you want to treat and whether you’re treating leafy vegetables/fruits or trees.

For most ground growing vegetables and fruits, 1/2 oz per quart of water per 10 sq/ft is sufficient with “days to harvest” in the 7-14 days range. For fruit bearing trees, the rate will vary based on tree size; you’ll need to read the label for specific rates or call for help in calculating.

TARGET PESTS: Adelgids, Aphids, Japanese beetles, Lace bugs, Leaf beetles (including elm and viburnum leaf beetles), Leafhoppers (including glassy- winged sharpshooter), Mealybugs, Psyllids, Sawfly Larvae, Thrips (suppression) and Whiteflies to name just a few.

Not sure if it would be effective for the borer type pests, works on my hibiscus and gardenias best of all. I’ve used it on blueberry bushes,and lemon trees .