What is THIS ???

Yesterday I took my girls out to the jetties and one of them accidentally caught this. At first we thought it was a jelly fish . Then we looked at it closer, it was like a squid with out the tentacles. The middle part was a big SHELL, it looked an eye ball at first glance. The skin part of it was wrapped around the shell like it was a cover…ANY IDEAS… The rest of our catch was just whiting, tide was dropping and we were using shrimp and squid. We started out in the ICW and we could not keep the baby black tips off of our lines. The water was kind of choppy, but the breeze keep the temp down. I still had a good time with the Family.

Some sort of snail that ate the crab/snail in the shell?

First, Most, Biggest
I want to catch them all

It could be another part of the leg and torso they found:face_with_head_bandage:

That’s kind of creepy.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

moon snail. carnivorous, cannibalistic badasses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naticidae

btw, you might try threading the whole loop of your droppers through the eye and onto the shank of the hooks- it will help them stand straight out off the main leader and won’t tangle as much, especially if you make two passes with the loop

also much safer to pre-tie and keep ready in small sandwich bags without the hooks

BW 3

the rest of you 0

“Enough hijacking, this is a major thread”

Or get some of these http://rigraponline.com/responsive/product/yellow-8512!

Moon Snail. It feeds on clams and such. It drills a hole in the shell and eats the clam through that hole. The shells you find on the beach with a nice round hole in them, fell victim to a Moon Snail.

quote:
Originally posted by oops_lost

It could be another part of the leg and torso they found:face_with_head_bandage:

that was my first thought as well…then Barbawang has come in and smarty the place all up…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

BW 3

the rest of you 0

“Enough hijacking, this is a major thread”

I wasn’t wrong.

First, Most, Biggest
I want to catch them all

Looks delicious!

BW 3

GW 1/2