what kind of tree frog?

Anyone seen one this big? Was messing around in the shed last night and the daughter saw this tree frog. I’ve never seen one this big before. at least 4 times the size of all the little green ones that you see on your windows from time to time. I wear a size 14 ring for comparison.

Have seen one that big once, while reaching into my anchor locker. Grabbed the rope, and it jumped onto my bare arm. Startled the crap out of me…

Almost big enough to eat, seen lots of smaller ones but never one of that size!

I’m going with Carpenter Frog versus Barking Tree Frog. From what I’ve read they are larger and more prevalent on the Atlantic Coast. Google images of both and that seems to make a fairly strong case.

“Endeavor to Persevere.
Give,Give… Never Take.”
EC

quote:
Originally posted by pescazorro

I’m going with Carpenter Frog versus Barking Tree Frog. From what I’ve read they are larger and more prevalent on the Atlantic Coast. Google images of both and that seems to make a fairly strong case.

“Endeavor to Persevere.
Give,Give… Never Take.”
EC

Now you have me confused after several searches over both! :smiley: Never realized that the same species came in so many color variations.

I have all kinds of those frogs around my place. I think they are pretty cool and never bother them. I’ve had some come in the door when we let the dogs in or out, they would be in for a little while and my boys would catch them and let them go out side.

Double D.

Sometimes they procrastinate…:dizzy_face: